HPI savage xss + hpi 1200mah 6v servo battery - charge for how long?! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Old 10-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #1
GVwannabe
RCC Apprentice

I am: Iam New

Total Props: 0
HPI savage xss + hpi 1200mah 6v servo battery - charge for how long?!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

I got a HPI savage xss, and i just bought a hpi 1200mah 6v servo battery. but it doesn't have any instruction or light on the AC adaptor regarding to how long does it take to fully charge the battery. any one here know how long should i leave it plug in?

thx
GVwannabe is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50
Re: charge for how long?!

The AC adaptor will always have an output voltage and amps listed on it, divide the capacity by the output of the adaptor...

Say the output is 200ma, then 1200/200 = 6 hours. Typically, you can just charge "overnight".
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
lildevilx
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: R.S.
Radio of choice:
TQi
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Re: charge for how long?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
The AC adaptor will always have an output voltage and amps listed on it, divide the capacity by the output of the adaptor...

Say the output is 200ma, then 1200/200 = 6 hours. Typically, you can just charge "overnight".
despite it telling you not to :P
just leave it on a surface that doesn't care about heat too much as it will warm up when it finish charging

also usually your charger will stop once the battery is fully charged
lildevilx is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in