Best Truggy recommendations - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
imported_VooDoo0528
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Best Truggy recommendations

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've got a Savage X and now want to add a truggy to the stable. What would you recommend? My buddy just got a stock Revo 3.3, so I'd like something that's competitive with that - meaning I need to crush it in a race. (assuming we have equal driving skill). Thanks.
imported_VooDoo0528 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
KingCamber
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Derek P

Most truggies should be able to beat the revo as it is a monster truck.

Losi 8t
Mugen MBX5t
Kyosho SRT

just to name a few
Old 05-22-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

there are already at least 20 post on here asking the same question just do a search BTW: a revo(AKA.savage and lst killer) is a monster truck and not classified as a truggy just in case you didn't know

Old 05-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
imported_VooDoo0528
RCC Noob

Didn't know the Revo was classed as a Monster truck. Good to know, but I still want a truggy.

Also, I did a search for 'truggy' and went through the first 10 pages of results. Most of it was 'Concluded for sale' posts. There was 1 applicable thread but it got hijacked.

Any recommendations you can provide would be appreciated. Like everyone else, I'm looking for reliability, speed and handling.
imported_VooDoo0528 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:00 AM   #5
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

TOP 5

1: Team Associated RC8T (coming out in july 0
2: Team Losi 8ight
3: Mugen MBX5T
4:: Kyosho ST-RR
5: X-Ray XT8

All these truggies offer the same durability, speed, and handling. Any of these truggies could be amazing but it's upto you to make sure the set up is nice and it depends on which engine you use for speed and torque.

Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #6
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

Also the Jammin X2CRT. Not sure when it's do out.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
imported_BBFBCAP
RCC Supreme Contributor

I know I'm "the CEN guy" but there might be some new whips in my near future. Check THESE out...

http://www.tqracing.net/

I was so so so impressed with the difference that TQ fuel made for me, that I scoured around their website and bumped into these 2 beauties.

I am 100% impressed with the photos and specifications and am also looking very forward to seeing the Precision Hobbies' guys run theirs at Niagara this Sunday, and again in New York at the end of the month!

Parts are readily available through Precision Hobbies (vino1) as well, so support is NOT going to be a problem.

Take note...I've already changed my Avatar, and am going to speculate that I WON'T be the last!!!
imported_BBFBCAP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
c-low74
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFBCAP View Post
I know I'm "the CEN guy" but there might be some new whips in my near future. Check THESE out...

http://www.tqracing.net/

I was so so so impressed with the difference that TQ fuel made for me, that I scoured around their website and bumped into these 2 beauties.

I am 100% impressed with the photos and specifications and am also looking very forward to seeing the Precision Hobbies' guys run theirs at Niagara this Sunday, and again in New York at the end of the month!

Parts are readily available through Precision Hobbies (vino1) as well, so support is NOT going to be a problem.

Take note...I've already changed my Avatar, and am going to speculate that I WON'T be the last!!!

those are my new whips:GRIN: i got the car already and should have my truck for testing in a few weeks they are the best bang for the buck and handle better the my kyosho's did!!
Old 05-22-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
willyhowells
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
TOP 5

1: Team Associated RC8T (coming out in july 0
2: Team Losi 8ight
4:: Kyosho ST-RR
5: X-Ray XT8

All these truggies offer the same durability, speed, and handling. Any of these truggies could be amazing but it's upto you to make sure the set up is nice and it depends on which engine you use for speed and torque.

Tekno.
tekno u have a mistake it goes
1: losi 8ightT
2:Team Associated RC8T (coming out in july 0
4:Kyosho ST-RR
5:X-Ray XT8
willyhowells is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #10
tekno
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Ashton P

I don't i made a mistake nitro racer. Associated is top of the list because it starts with an A Losi starts with a "L". LOL. Tekno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-low74 View Post
those are my new whips:GRIN: i got the car already and should have my truck for testing in a few weeks they are the best bang for the buck and handle better the my kyosho's did!!
The TQ truggy how do they go for chuck? Tekno.
tekno is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in