where to use my 1/5th scale car - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 07-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
ticster
RCC Noob

I am: simon
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
where to use my 1/5th scale car

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I've just got a new Losi 5ive truck and am looking for somewhere to run it, turns out most tracks only allow upto 1/8th scale not really looking for formal races but for bashing and having some fun with my truck.

Would be good to find some like minded folks here in the KW area to take the truck out with and have a laugh!
ticster is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Snoozer98k
!!! CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT !!!

I am: tyler
Radio of choice:
dx6i
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
Re: where to use my 1/5th scale car

i've been in the search for awhile too, but i gave up. i've bolted up alot including a skopod 62cc. I've found a few private BMX parks and one public bike park. limits when i can run the truck, but atleast its somewhere to really run it hard for some laps.the only down size is there are no drivers stands, So visibility can be a issue.

try a local BMX or dirt bike forum. They know good spots to run with jumps and maybe know some farmers with open fields and tracks in their back yards.
Snoozer98k is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
vw nut
RCC Noob

I am: Henry V
Radio of choice:
dx
# of RCs: 4

I have a small underused baseball diamond I have been playing in. Good surface, flat but fast. I race around the diamond & into the grass. They hav a hill that makes some inteesting climbs. End of Britannia rd. before it becomes an airport.
vw nut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
craiger78
RCC Apprentice

I am: CRAIG

Total Props: 1

there is a new 1/5 scale track on hwy 5(dundas st) just east of peters corners no name on it yet that i can see drove by it on sun cant miss it on south side right on hwy 5
craiger78 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #5
Chester
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tim T
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX3R Pro
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 10

The Barnyard in Stratford has both indoor and outdoor tracks. 1/5 scale racing all summer, and Wednesday night is practice night.
Reptile S800 Sky Shadow
Chester is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
Dino_D
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dino_D
# of RCs: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticster View Post
I've just got a new Losi 5ive truck and am looking for somewhere to run it, turns out most tracks only allow upto 1/8th scale not really looking for formal races but for bashing and having some fun with my truck.

Would be good to find some like minded folks here in the KW area to take the truck out with and have a laugh!
If you look around or ask around the forums, there are a few 1/5th scale tracks near your area. Barnyard, and I think there is one near flamborough as well.
Dino_D is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #7
5T-4U2NV
RCC Apprentice

I am: SS
Radio of choice:
Futaba 4PL
# of RCs: 10+

RC Acres. Its the one East of Peters Corners in Hamilton. Spent 6 hours there today. AMAZING time.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #8

Total Props: 57

Yeah its necessary for you to get 1/8th scale truck which is run on that types of track..Why your 1/5th scale truck is not run on that track?How much price are you paid to purchased the 1/5th scale truck?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in