Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Crow mixing

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I was talking to Ed @ GNM the other night and on his AV8R he mixes crow (up ailerons) with is landing flaps to help stabilize and slow the jet even more. Is anyone else out there doing the same and how the heck do you mix 2 channel ailerons with down flaps on a JR9303? , I can figure it out with a y harness on the ailerons.

Angus
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
You can't mix any type of flap or same direction moving servo's if you're using a Y harness, you have to use 2 channels and a programmable mix. I've never done that mix on a 9303 so I can't really help you, but I can tell you that you cannot do it using a Y harness on your ailerons.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #3
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
If you can find the instructions for a H9 ultra stick, they tell you how to program various radios for quad flaps (crow)...don't know if it covers the 9303, but I would guess it does....Horizon is good at promoting its family of products...

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-05-2006, 03:04 AM   #4
Kelly W
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Kelly W
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 6
For Futaba users, this is exactly what the 'air brake' function does and a little more. It allows the user to program a linearly variable offset to each aileron, flaps, and elevator if necessary. I just set up and Aero Design plane for UBC with this function last month and it was very easy to operate. We had it set up to be coupled to the throttle position and a master switch, which in our case was the spring-return trainer switch.

Kelly
Kelly W is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 AM   #5

Re: Crow mixing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus
IAV8R he mixes crow (up ailerons) with is landing flaps to help stabilize and slow the jet even more.
Angus
Angus, absolutely not needed, especialy not on an AV8R...just mix some down elevators when flaps are deployed that's it....just go fly that bird man..don't worry it is a heavy duty plane.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:10 PM   #6
Angus
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Powerbox Core
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Thanks for the input guys, I know Peter, fly, fly, fly , sometimes I overthink things I've had five great flights with the AV8R and two bouncy landings with two busted off tails I'm tired of rebuilding every other weekend . just looking for some other ideas . Regardless, she is ready to go again looking better and stronger than ever, Pictures to follow.

Angus
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:17 AM   #7

Angus, come in high, idle early, keep the nose slighly down to touchdown, add just a touch of power if needed should the wings begin to rock (typical AV8R stall hint).
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in