Looking for indoor drift track. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric RC Car and Truck Discussion Discuss electric RC vehicles

Old 08-14-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 9
Looking for indoor drift track.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just wondering if anyone in the Hamilton and surrounding areas know of an indoor drift track or group who does drifting?

After my trip to Chicago just over a week ago, I have got to give drifting a try. The cars were 1/10 scale and they had a pretty decent track setup with about 7 guys running the track. It is awesome how these guys control their cars going sideways around corners. It was just so cool watching these guys race! It's totally different than on and off road racing where you're trying to go as fast as you can all the time. Something I think I can keep up with a bit easier.

Thanks in advance for the help. Gary.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Re: Looking for indoor drift track.

I was looking through the stash of booklets I picked up at the RCX show in Chicago and among them was one from HPI Racing. They have a couple of very nice drift cars, which I did see racing at the show. Actually, they had the full sized cars from which the models are fashoned at the show. I just very well might pick up one of these beauties for some indoor drifting action.......IF I can find someplace local to do it that is.

So.....come on fellows, someone out there must know of a location for this kind of racing? Please!

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659
Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8

Hmmm still no replys!

Is there anyone in the Hamilton Ontario area that does do drifting? Would like some advice on the best way to get started in this. Thanks.

Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Old 09-20-2011, 08:40 PM   #4
nolan
RCC Noob

I am: ricky bobby
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: 0

hey i live in mississauga and there are a couple drifters out here! i heard of a track in brampton but not sure if its indoor or outdoor. i will look into it more. but i wish there was a place indoors just for rc drifting, and a little store with it
nolan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
wparsons
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Will P
Radio of choice:
DX8
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 1

I don't know of any indoor places, but it's super easy to setup an outdoor track almost anywhere! Get a dozen pylons from the dollar store and you're done!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #6
td-civ
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Tuan D
Radio of choice:
ko propo and spektrum
# of RCs: ???

if you ever in london ill be opening a in door drift track and crawler track still in the works but ill keep you posted
Old 01-28-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
RC_love
RCC Apprentice

I am: Sean Z
Radio of choice:
Traxxas TQ
# of RCs: 5

Hey dude. I was in the same boat as you. I didn't even think there was a drift scene in the GTA lol I found a couple clubs for our area but the first one I found are run by childish jerkoffs that like to bully people around. I finally found this awesome club DRIFT TEC based out of Mississauga. We hook up every Sunday at Galaxy Hobby in Sauga. In the summer we do more outdoor events too. Everyone in the club is super helpful and outgoing. They organize events, have contests and every penny they make from merch sales goes right back into the club to help pay for events. You can find them on facebook, instagram, twitter and youtube

DRIFT TEC is the name of the club on all outlets. Facebook is the main traffic spot for the club. I suggest hitting that up first.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1563730670528463/

-Shawn D Tuner
RC_love is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in