Gerry Yarrish of "MAN" Really likes Kingston Ontar - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 07:28 AM   #1
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Gerry Yarrish of "MAN" Really likes Kingston Ontar

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just got Nov issue of "MAN" and my wife goes " Your picture in here you know" Yup thats me and Iam waiting for the royalty checks to come in the mail also. I was being very sarcastic! - No really!!!! Look!
Dang I better go look in the mail box for that check.

Gerry Yarrish is a regular reporter for MAN. I've met him a few time over the last 3-4 years at Kingston for the "Fathers day Fun/Fly". Gerry has puts Kingston on his short list of must do events.

The pictures in the article I believe are from the 2004 contest. If you read the article about the ARF's being made especially for FunFly contest its very true. 2004 was the year I tried a "Model-Tech Magic" Well this model made a huge difference in my scores and I came in 3rd in 2004.
This year I was back with my "Magic" and I took 1st in sportman.

When you win 1st in Sportsman you must step-up to Expert class. So for 2006 I'll need one of those bags of Monokote stick-boom type models to play with.

I think the "Magic" goes for about 150$ Its a lot of fun for the price!
Just one thing - Chuck-away the weak cheesy landing gear wire and make your own. This year I hit the pole doing the balloon-bust and model tumbled end-over-end and came to a stop on its strong extra long gear - the engine was still going - so I gave it throttle and took off and finished the event getting huge points to win 1st place.

Rain or Shine the boy's in Kingston keep the Father Day Fun/Fly going.
So If your up for some great fun at every pilots skill level you should give Kingston a try!

signed a Fun/Fly fan!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	majic_183.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	11448  
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-22-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
davida
RCC Contributor

I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Gerry Yarish

Hi Ken

He also has attended the last 3 IMAA event at Kingston also. This year he was testing an onboard video camera. I think he said it would be in the Nov issue. Later Dave
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in