OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Edward O
Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
Krill Thunder 3D

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Here's a wild new electric offering from Krill Models.

http://krill-model.com/eu/en/index.p...kits&model=146

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_wWmYFk64
OTTERTOK is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #2
Bdegan
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brad E.
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-16
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 41
Re: Krill Thunder 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTERTOK View Post
It better fly itself for 785 Euro's for a 75" plane

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Brad Egan MAAC 48597
Bdegan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba

That's the only down fall the price.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTTERTOK View Post
That's the only down fall the price.
That's barely a reasonable price for a 35%er. And to top it off, you still have to build it. Crazy price for an ARF, if you ask me.
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:42 PM   #5

Total Props: 57

There is a mountainous difference between a film covered wood ARF you get out of China, and a full composite model that comes out of Krill.

You can't compare the two, totally different worlds.

I have a 50CC arf which is far cheaper and more complete than one of my ZN Line pattern planes (fuses are made by Krill), but when you look at them side by side, you can quickly see why one is so much more money
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
OTTERTOK
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR & Futaba

For what your getting a plane that will last forever (as long as you don't pile it in) I didn't think it was to bad of a price. The problem price wise would be the currency exchange, shipping and getting it past our border with out all the extra charges.

Last edited by OTTERTOK; 02-17-2010 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773 View Post
There is a mountainous difference between a film covered wood ARF you get out of China, and a full composite model that comes out of Krill.

You can't compare the two, totally different worlds.

I have a 50CC arf which is far cheaper and more complete than one of my ZN Line pattern planes (fuses are made by Krill), but when you look at them side by side, you can quickly see why one is so much more money
I don't question the quality difference, but a lot of guys below your skill level would probably never notice the difference while flying them. I would place this plane mostly only in the grasp of someone like yourself who is sponsored, and could make use of a plane with this pedigree. To me, this would equate to the F1 chassis of planes.

How are the Krills weight-wise? Are they heavier like the Comp-Arfs in comparison to the balsa planes?

Edit: Just did the conversion. $1123 CDN plus taxes, shipping, brokerage, etc. My 100cc Carden Yak kit was less than that to my door.

Edit thought 2: Lol. I guess a lot of people would call me crazy for building a Carden when I could have a Wild Hare 35% for less than the cost of the Carden kit. Touche!

Last edited by Tyler P; 02-17-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 PM   #8

Total Props: 57

Hi Tyler

Absolutely the high end models are not for everyone! Thats why we need the inexpensive ones from China and also we need the real high end stuff!

I certainly at this point would not spend big bucks on a model like that, serves me no purpose...my PAU Sukhoi does just a good of job for that (if I ever get the damn motor mounted)....but on the flip side I would never get a low cost wood ARF to compete in pattern with, since I know from experience it would not do the job. There is a place for both models though, and both are worth the money, just for different reasons.

Krill's construction is similar to C-ARF, which is a sandwich with glass and herex. Some of the CARF pattern models have been glass/balsa sandwich that is lighter but at a huge cost of rigidity. To my eye the Krill molds produce a better surface finish and seam.

One thing you will learn if you do this long enough is weight is not as big an issue as its sometimes made out to be. I will take a little heavier model that is rigid and durable vs. one that is set for the lightest possible but at the cost of those qualities.

A smartly built wood airplane will almost always be lighter than most composite models, but they are not as repeatable, this is important to me since I have three of the same model. Composite planes are not for everyone though, if you damage one and are not prepared to fix it you can be in a real nightmare.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in