F-100 - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Jets Discuss electric jets in Canada.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:09 AM   #31
Tex Gehman
RCC Contributor

I am: Clarke
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7 and Spectrum DX8
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 1
Re: F-100

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Vettster and Buffy: When you get the boxes in hand would you mind letting us know the overall cost to your door? I, and probably others would like to know. Tex.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #32
buffythesaint
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Buffy

Total Props: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Gehman View Post
Vettster and Buffy: When you get the boxes in hand would you mind letting us know the overall cost to your door? I, and probably others would like to know. Tex.
Tex.

Not sure what vettser paided but it should be close to mine. So far I've put out $247cnd, after PayPal conversion, shipped to my post office. A box this big will not go unnoticed by customs(7kg's). The declared value will be less, so I'm thinking about $20 to get it from the post office.

On a side note, I was out to the Peg for Christmas this past year, to visit my in-laws. My wife's sister's husband's(brother in-law I guess) father flew Sabres for the Canadian forces. His name was Robert (Bob) Slade. Did you ever meet or fly with him? He pasted away, a few years ago. I only meet him a couple of times and did not know his flight background. I didn't get a chance to chat with him about it. There would of been some great stories to hear.

Buffy.

Last edited by buffythesaint; 02-23-2010 at 03:03 PM.
buffythesaint is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #33
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: David R
# of RCs: 99

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
the ARC 36-75-1 on 8s with a Midi fan and 90-110esc you will get over 8lbs of thrust. You will be getting 3000Wp for a run time of 5min with throttle managment on a 5000mha battery.
So what would that motor in a HET on 6S 4000's give me?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #34
buffythesaint
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
So what would that motor in a HET on 6S 4000's give me?
The Het fan, I've read, will have less load then the Wemotec fan. I'm guessing you should get 1700-1900 watts at 80 amps or less, IMO.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #35

Total Props: 57

Hey Buffy! Has yours shipped Yet?

I doing some research on the motor i want to put in it. As in, I want to hear from people that have actually used this motor on 8s. Been pretty quite so Im starting to think this might have been someones fantasy. But! there are some that have flown it on 6s and say that it is a very good set up and should last a very long time that way.

My buddy Davecrash has just installed his stock fan in his F-86 with a HK 1800kv motor in it and says he is very impressed with it just on 3s while checking the the fan. He thinks 6s should be scarry. Thats what Im after.
Dave wont be long before his plane is fully assembled and we can get some #s from him. Amps, Watts, Thrust.

should be interesting

Trev
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #36
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
My buddy Davecrash has just installed his stock fan in his F-86 with a HK 1800kv motor in it and says he is very impressed with it just on 3s while checking the the fan. He thinks 6s should be scarry. Thats what Im after.
Dave wont be long before his plane is fully assembled and we can get some #s from him. Amps, Watts, Thrust.

should be interesting

Trev
Actually its the stock housing with the HET rotor. The stock housing is about 2mm shorter and fits in the hole. the HET housing would have required some digging of foam. I didn't have the right connectors on my Watt meter to check the numbers yet. I currently have the Turnigy B36-57-06 1800kv motor in it.
From what I have heard the stock Fly Fly rotor would fly apart on my setup.

Last edited by davecrash; 02-24-2010 at 08:21 PM.
davecrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #37
pogo
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Tom Muir

Total Props: 5

I had my Sabre out last Sun. with it's new 6S 4000 25C batteries (HET 1800 kv motor, HET 9305 fan) and a pre-flight test- model held vertical @ full throttle- has me guessing about 6 lbs. thrust. Jet weighs 6 3/4 lbs, draw is 1400 watts. Hand launch was really easy and she flew great. Only able to get one flight in as my car got stuck in a snowdrift going into the field, but so it goes...
Tom

Last edited by pogo; 02-25-2010 at 05:34 PM.
pogo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 PM   #38
buffythesaint
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Hey Buffy! Has yours shipped Yet?

I doing some research on the motor i want to put in it. As in, I want to hear from people that have actually used this motor on 8s. Been pretty quite so Im starting to think this might have been someones fantasy. But! there are some that have flown it on 6s and say that it is a very good set up and should last a very long time that way.

should be interesting

Trev
Not shipped yet, still processing. They must be really far behind. Must of been a good holiday.

8s should be fine. Keep the WOT passes short. A heat sink would be a must.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #39
davecrash
RCC Senior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davecrash View Post
Actually its the stock housing with the HET rotor. The stock housing is about 2mm shorter and fits in the hole. the HET housing would have required some digging of foam. I didn't have the right connectors on my Watt meter to check the numbers yet. I currently have the Turnigy B36-57-06 1800kv motor in it.
From what I have heard the stock Fly Fly rotor would fly apart on my setup.
I ran it up today on the uncharged 6S and got 1169 watts and 55 amps.
The LiPo is on the charger right now.
Even at that there was alot of pull on the fuse. this is my first 90mm.

Update 61 amps, 1400 watts on a 6S 20C 4000 Turnigy LiPo

Last edited by davecrash; 02-26-2010 at 11:48 AM.
davecrash is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #40

Total Props: 57

Finnally its qued for shipping. The F-100 will be here soon

Ive changed my mind again
Ive decided to keep with the Midi Fan Pro but Im going to use the HK Turnegy 36-50 instead. The reason being...time and time again HK proves that for 1/3 the price you can get quality equel to what your paying to the US or even worse....UPS Further research showed that there were others that ran the ARC 36-75-1 on 8s but had to buy a $200 ESC to do it, along with forking out the $120US before taxes and shipping. I instead went with the Turnigy Super Brain esc for $60 bucks. What do i have to loose. If the motor burns out......Ill be out 15 dollars.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in