Francois2010
RCC Contributor

I am: Alan
Radio of choice:
Ham radio VE7 EAC
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
Angry Phoenix / Futaba problem . . .

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just received my new Phoenix Ver 2.5.u Flt Sim today. Installed okay. Hooked to a Futaba T4EXA via the sqr patch cord. Went thru the calibrations only to have the elevators on the plane not work. Re-did the calibrations several times inc the advanced. At the end of the calibration section all 4 sticks respond properly but again, when trying to use the sim all controls work but the elevators . The stick profile is on the default 2. Not sure what I'm doing wrong???? Any ideas??

Tnx

Alan
Francois2010 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
mrrandyman
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Randy
Radio of choice:
JR and Spectrum
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 10
Re: Phoenix / Futaba problem . . .

There is a function where you select the type of radio your using. Did you try that?
Just a thought.
mrrandyman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Wilki
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Neil W

Total Props: 0

Hi, first thing I would do is update Phoenix to the newest version(Version 3.0P), you will need highspeed internet connection for that. As for your controller issue, if your radio has a Heli mode, that is the mode that Phoenix is recommending you use. If your radio has programming features and mixing features or multiple model capability, then use a blank model memory blank just for Pheonix(you can tweek your settings for the sim on that model later without affecting your flying models) Now you can setup the calibration stuff on your Simm. Hopefully this info will get you going....

Wilki

I was just at the Futaba website and checked up on your model of TX, I see that it does not have a Heli mode, so ignore that one. It does however have 4 model memory, so again pick a blank model and no mixes setup...

Last edited by Wilki; 01-18-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Correction
Wilki is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #4
Francois2010
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Ham radio VE7 EAC

Mrrandyman: Yes, it asked for the make & model of the transmitter whick I provided. I've actually reset the calibration several times. Even used the Q&A from Phoenix's website. It's frustrating that the throttle, rudder & ailerons all work, just not the elevator?? I even tried different sim planes. The plane runs around on the runway like a bat out of hell, but it's just not the same when you can't take off .

Last edited by Francois2010; 01-18-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #5
astrofler
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Al E

Total Props: 3

been a while since I did this, but I think you have to go into the setup menu (separate from calibration) and in your case assign the elevator function to channel two for futaba.

as indicated in another reply update to version 3.

In the latest version (3.0) you will see that area under "system" "your controls" then select your transmitter and "edit profile". scroll down for "fixed wing" and assign the both elevator halves to channel two.

calibration just sets the throws for each servo function. sometimes one of those do not get assigned to the proper stick function.

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
Wilki
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois2010 View Post
Yes, it asked for the make & model of the transmitter whick I provided. I've actually reset the calibration several times. Even used the Q&A from Phoenix's website. It's frustrating that the throttle, rudder & ailerons all work, just not the elevator?? I even tried different sim planes. The plane runs around on the runway like a bat out of hell, but it's just not the same when you can't take off .
Somewhere in the Tx setup area, you will be able to see your stick movements as you use them as well as you can change the channel assignment in the software. Just relax poke around a bit and you will find it. Any further questions, feel free to ask, I will fire mine up and find where it is I am talking about if you like....

Wilki
Old 01-18-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Francois2010
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Ham radio VE7 EAC

Wilki: Okay, I just checked Phoenix's website for the upgrades and see one for Ver 3.0m which I will download tomorrow morning. The supposidly 'highspeed' I have here in the bush is somewhat of a joke at night. You're right, no Heli. But I have set aside #4 memory for the sim and left it with all defaults.

Astrofler: I will look into that. What you say makes sence even to a newbie like me .

Tnx guys
Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #8
Wilki
RCC Junior Contributor

If you go to your controller, then edit the controller profile you are using, you will see then screen I was talking about. You can see what your stick are actually doing and if your elevator stick is showing no movement, chances are you need to select the correct channel on the program.

Wilki
Old 01-18-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
astrofler
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Al E

Total Props: 3

you're welcome sir. enjoy the sim. It's a good one.

Bouncing about the living room, my then three year old grandson declared himself "a kangaroo".
"If you're a Kangaroo, what is Grampie", I ask.
His reply: "you a dinosaur"
astrofler is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
Francois2010
RCC Contributor

Radio of choice:
Ham radio VE7 EAC

Okay, after absorbing all that good info passed my way, I went back in and started with the new setup. While working my way thru I found where I was ggoing astray; when setting which channels do which I mistook 'Pitch' as the elevator and when the 'Elevator' came up it forced a 'Skip'. So, once I changed that and set the elevator to channel 2 all worked okay.
When I went back to the sim and checked the plane's control movements, all work . Then I took the plane up for a spin and crashed it - I have the rudder reversed. I'll fix that in the morning. Then I'll download the latest version.
The sim has already paid for itself. It could have been my brand new cub!!

Thanks everybody for your help.

Alan.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in