Virus Question - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 06:52 AM   #11

Total Props: 57

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Unless you see one of these!!
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:31 PM   #12
Jay C.
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
hmmm

HMMM

[quote="LosiGramps"] they'll never get to this machine, behind a programmable firewall)

IPCHAINS

[quote="LosiGramps"] as they're hitting the main router which won't even let pings through

Disable ICMP Requests

[quote="LosiGramps"] The local wireless lan here also has encryption and a 1-2 mile range

Hacker Heaven

[quote="LosiGramps"] One of these days I'll jump it to a friend's place so we can multilink our network connections (for double the bandwidth).
Old 09-05-2004, 11:28 PM   #13
LosiGramps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock
Unless you see one of these!!
LOL, that's a cool picture. If it comes in via email it'll never get executed by the email (don't use M$ mail software, too unsecure). Can't get it through any of the chat media I have listed below, as I don't use their proprietary chat clients.

That is a cool pic.

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-05-2004, 11:39 PM   #14
LosiGramps

Re: hmmm

[quote="JakFrost"]HMMM

[quote="LosiGramps"] they'll never get to this machine, behind a programmable firewall)

IPCHAINS

[quote="LosiGramps"] as they're hitting the main router which won't even let pings through

Disable ICMP Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiGramps
The local wireless lan here also has encryption and a 1-2 mile range

Hacker Heaven
LOL, actually, it's not. It's been throughly hack tested. I had some IT's who do lan security checks hack at it for the better part of a week. I saw no traffic and I had sniffers all over the place to catch any. That and the wireless isn't a hotspot-able media. (Which I'm seriously thinking of getting that Kingston unit to find hotspots with.)

Network's been safe for a few years, not seen or had any troubles. Units log all activity and I can't see anything bad in the logs. Mind you, it took me weeks to get the programming down for the firewall. Now that, was fun... Did a test and realized "Oops, my MAC isn't in that list, FACK, factory reset the bugger and start over." Thankfully I had saved the firmware config off onto a drive first, before I made that change.

I wonder if that slave bridge is going to croak before the new replacement does. (Life time replacements, so no worries here.)

Gramps.
LosiGramps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in