General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4
Re: Final FLY RC mag

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
You surley just won the Idot award for 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl View Post
All you have to do is turn the page if you don't like it.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 4

Well I dont get the mag Marc but I trully know why your saying it and strongly agree with you 100% this time , Matter of fact my father was hired many years ago and one of the reason was to muscle out the red and white in our area.

Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy01 View Post
Depending on the response from their editor, I may have purchased my final FLY RC mag.

Page 91 of the current issue is a full page ad from "empirerc" which prominently displays a play on the Hell's Angels, "Heli's Angels". Besides the stupid suggestion that a criminal organization is somehow helpful to that young man's future in flying model heli's, it's offensive to folks who understand and see the effects of what the hells angels are all about.

Most are not likely that educated on the matter, but the gentlemen standing behind that young man appear to wearing bona-fide angel patches and logos. ONLY actual members/supporters of that criminal organization would dare to do so.

......nice. The angels are probably the most powerful criminal organization in Canada, controlling much of the illegal drug trade with interests in anything illegal that nets them profit. They would much rather sell the young man in that photo crystal meth or give him up as "collateral damage" in one of their turf wars, than support his hobby interests. They also have an active P.R. campaign to try and win public favor and support and associating themselves with our hobby doesn't hurt the campaign.

I hope this is just a case of being naive. Regardless of the mags response, the red flags should be up on "empire Rc". Do what you want, but none of my money will ever go their way.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #13
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16

Well, I saw the ad, and I could not for sure identify anyone there as a Hells Angel. I somehow missed seeing their 'colors' displayed anywhere. All I saw was a bunch of possible wannabe bad ass bikers, like I can see outside any Timmies on a summer afternoon. Dumb ad, for sure, but I didn't see anyhting to give me offense. Maybe I didn't look close enough. In any case I think if you spend that much time peering at an advertisement, you probably need more to do.

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:09 AM   #14
Sharpy01
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Marc S

Total Props: 1,395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Holmes View Post
Well, I saw the ad, and I could not for sure identify anyone there as a Hells Angel. I somehow missed seeing their 'colors' displayed anywhere. All I saw was a bunch of possible wannabe bad ass bikers, like I can see outside any Timmies on a summer afternoon. Dumb ad, for sure, but I didn't see anyhting to give me offense. Maybe I didn't look close enough. In any case I think if you spend that much time peering at an advertisement, you probably need more to do.
No, I'm quite certain I don't need more to do. With all due respect Dave, the "death head" logo on most of the vests are worn ONLY by the angels and the response from the company I posted leaves little doubt if there was any.

Regardless, I will move on, ....... too many other things to do.
Sharpy01 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:04 AM   #15
shortkut
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris S.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 10C
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1

That is very sad!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #16
ccaamm1
RCC Apprentice

I am: Cameron T
Radio of choice:
futaba 7c
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 1

Are you sure it wasn't a Detroit Red Wings logo? Those "bad ass" hockey players can be an evil bunch too.
ccaamm1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #17
Pangaea
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaptabl View Post
All you have to do is turn the page if you don't like it.
Surely, you show your ignorance in different threads.
Pangaea is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
mtnflyer
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Usually, paid actors are used in this type of thing. I was once paid 75.00 to appear in a fridge commercial. No way was I a professional actor; just after the 75 bucks.

I don't think it's a Hells Angel (synonymous with I'm a crabs riddled coward), I think its a model. They get paid for what they do. Just some idiot advertising outfit trying out a worthless adventure to attract your open wallet.

They should have used a true-blood Red Neck, and probably things would have sold.

I've spent most of my money and time on model airplanes, mean women, and beer. All the rest was just a waste.

MAAC 51187
mtnflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #19

Total Props: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnflyer View Post
Usually, paid actors are used in this type of thing. I was once paid 75.00 to appear in a fridge commercial. No way was I a professional actor; just after the 75 bucks.

I don't think it's a Hells Angel (synonymous with I'm a crabs riddled coward), I think its a model. They get paid for what they do. Just some idiot advertising outfit trying out a worthless adventure to attract your open wallet.

They should have used a true-blood Red Neck, and probably things would have sold.
I have to agree with Marc on this one. First the club is very strict about usage of their logo, it is even copyrighted. I read somewhere they had initiated a lawsuit against a company that used it without permission. There can be severe health problems for anyone who attempts to impersonate membership so I doubt these are actors. I think the reason given for using them as tongue in cheek is a load of bull and a poor attempt at covering for a lack of judgment on behalf of Empire RC. Remember you don’t casually insult the Hells Angels either. It was most likely opportunistic and they were asked to pose with the young man. I actually sent an email to see what the response would be and it was word for word the same as Marc’s. As Marc has said two differing agendas without much thought on the part of Empire’s staff. Good grief actually agreeing with Marc now I have to go brush my teeth, rinse my mouth and gargle.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #20
ronnieo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19

Hahhhaaaahaaa...oh Dennie....
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in