ronljroy
RCC Contributor

I am: Ronald R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 18

Total Props: 0
Re: Blue Foamie

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Another awesome day in Hanmer, a real blast! The more I do it, the more I like it. Thanks Gaston....again!!!!

"If it ain't broke, then don't fix it!!!!"

Last edited by ronljroy; 03-08-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: type error
ronljroy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #282
chrismay
RCC Apprentice

I am: Chris

Talking Re: Blue Foamie

Andrew,

How could you possibly tell us about this fantastic experiment and then tell us we have to wait several weeks to find out the result.

I believe that Andrew and his aircraft should be hogtied, thrown into a trunk (any trunk will do) and taken to the nearest indoor venue for testing at someones earliest convenience. He should not be set free until a complete report has been filed on this forum.

Chris
chrismay is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:45 AM   #283
Rotary R/C
RCC Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismay View Post
Andrew,

How could you possibly tell us about this fantastic experiment and then tell us we have to wait several weeks to find out the result.

I believe that Andrew and his aircraft should be hogtied, thrown into a trunk (any trunk will do) and taken to the nearest indoor venue for testing at someones earliest convenience. He should not be set free until a complete report has been filed on this forum.

Chris
LMAO ....
Rotary R/C is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:18 AM   #284
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary R/C View Post
Hey Andrew, thanks for the tips today. Because I'm still fairly new it seems to be fairly easy (if that's what you can call it) to push myself in both directions before I learn too many bad habits of sticking with one direction It was nice to finally meet you, also. Gaston can't stop saying enough good things about you!

Marc Du Bois

Thanks Marc it was nice to meet you as well and I pay Gaston to talk about me like that but I'm getting low on funds so it might end drastically!! After that crash with the yak I went home and practiced the rolling harrier loop for about 5hrs until the girlfriend booted my ass off the sim. It seemed so much easier in NorthBay I wonder if it was the hieght?????

Are you flying again next weekend??

Andrew.
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #285
yakityyak
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Andrew Collins

Hey Andrew, have you ever had a nick name?? This is getting confusing hahaha. Even our initials are the same. I'm happy my friend Andrew Egan doesn't chime in to often too or my brain would melt.

Andrew
yakityyak is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #286
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismay View Post
Andrew,

Chris
Well, this coming Saturday is the mall show in Timmins...

Next weekend my band plays a two night gig, so I am in Kirkland Lake (the flying is in Timmins and I will be sleeping anyhow)

The weekend after that I go to Toronto... could bring the plane if I had a place to fly it. But I dont think they would appreciate me flying inside the hotel

AJC
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #287
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gaston B

Total Props: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic View Post
Gaston,
I put 7 flights in on my blue foamy I got from you this past Saturday. I really like the plane, and it flies great!

I did notice, compared to the fancy foam biplane I have (with an AXI motor) the same 2 cell 350mah battery doesnt seem to last as long or provide as much vertical power... so, since they both use the same GWS 8x4 prop I took the AXI off of the bipe and put it onto the blue foamy.... I am interested to see how the same plane flies now with the AXI... and if I get more vertical, and longer battery times, or the same, or worse.

Its going to be some time however before I get to test it, as the next few weeks are tied up and no flying will be done

AJC
Hi Andrew

You mean, it's still in one piece after 7 flights, that's good, even though it's not my fault , I keep getting hit by others and I'll be lucky if it lasts a week, then I just build another one.
You might find that the battery won't last as long with the Blue Foamie due to being an ounce heavier and requiring more torque in a hover but in normal flights, there's not that much difference.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #288
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Hi

I just had a conversation with the School Principal and was told we can fly at the gym without interruption, including during the March break.
That's very good news, I better start the glue gun and fix that plane again plus somebody else's, which I won't name......right Darrell.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #289
Rotary R/C
RCC Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakityyak View Post
Thanks Marc it was nice to meet you as well and I pay Gaston to talk about me like that but I'm getting low on funds so it might end drastically!! After that crash with the yak I went home and practiced the rolling harrier loop for about 5hrs until the girlfriend booted my ass off the sim. It seemed so much easier in NorthBay I wonder if it was the hieght?????

Are you flying again next weekend??

Andrew.
So that's where he gets all his money, hmmm....

Yeah, I should be flying next weekend, the foamies are all I have to practice new maneuvers as Windows XP service pack3 won't let me reinstall my simulator for some reason.... Friggin Windows! I'll have to fix that!

As far as getting booted off computers go, my Wife tells me I'm not paying enough attention to her when I'm on the computer, so I get off only to realize it's her way of tricking me into letting her use it! ??:

Marc D
Rotary R/C is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #290
gbjets
RCC Pro Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronljroy View Post
Another awesome day in Hanmer, a real blast! The more I do it, the more I like it. Thanks Gaston....again!!!!
Hi Ron

Thanks for driving all the way here to fly with us again, it was great to see you once more.
Here's a copy of the abbreviated assembly instructions I was supposed to give you while you were here, so that you don't miss a step like I do sometimes, even after having built quite a few.
let's keep that between you and I but one day I glued the bottom part of the fuse on the top, I guess I should also read my own instructions

Blue Foamie Assembly

1 Cut all foam pieces
2 Glue leading edge on both wings 2 pces 11¼ in.
3 Glue wings to fuse
4 Bevel all control surfaces
5 Install ailerons, elevator and rudder
6 Paint or decorate
7 Glue bottom of fuse
8 Cut and install wing braces 4 pieces CF 1mm x 9 in.
9 Make landing gear 2pieces CF 1.5mm x 8in.
10 Install landing gear and 25 mm wheels (51mm for outdoor use)
11 Center servos with radio system
12 Install servos
13 Glue top of fuse
14 Make and install motor mount
15 Make control rods 1mm CF rods c/w 1 in.“z” bends
16 Install 4 control horns c/w CF rods 1mm x 1¼ in.
17 Install control rods with FR5 tubing
18 Install side force generators
19 Install motor, esc, receiver, battery and prop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in