Tamiya Buggys: Grave Hound vs Rising Storm - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
imported_[evo]

Total Props: 0
Tamiya Buggys: Gravel Hound vs Rising Storm

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
First off, would either of these be competitive at Sids?

Next, whats the difference between the two?
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #2

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by [evo]
First off, would either of these be competitive at Sids?
I don't know I would suspect for a starter car they would be ok but if you really want to race you'd have to go higher end.

Quote:
Next, whats the difference between the two?
I'll bet the body style is all that's different. Most Tamiya cars use a lot of the same parts. I can see those using most of the same parts. Anybody know for sure?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

dont buy any of those, just buy a AE b4 RS RTR. its 2wd but it will be a really good starter car you can also upgrade it later on if you decide to race it for a good spot.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-21-2007, 06:37 PM   #4
imported_[evo]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X
dont buy any of those, just buy a AE b4 RS RTR. its 2wd but it will be a really good starter car you can also upgrade it later on if you decide to race it for a good spot.
I'm looking ot keep the price down and have enough radios here that I really dont want anything RTR. At $140 for the kit both of these had me realy interested. I'll take a look around see how much a B4 kit is.
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Mr X
RCC Master Contributor

I am: sir rcalot

dont waste your money on those cars, they are toys. if you want to bash at slow speeds with pieces of wood that dont handle then go for it. if you plan to do any racing at all and plan to do good then get something good right away. later on you wont have to pend more money on a better car.
Mr X is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:44 PM   #6
imported_Bikerbob
RCC Contributor

There is a point to what MR X. is saying Evo.

That does not mean you wont be able to come out with those cars and have fun.. but competitive.. no.

If you are wanting something competitive.. you would have to look at a used roller.. There is someone who posts on here who is a very good guy to deal with.. and would not screw you who is looking to sell a B4 Roller. Sensory Overload.. "D" Main Donny.. Donavan is his name.

Try and find him.. he wants to sell.. just said so today... so you might get a good deal before its gone.
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
imported_MT2_18SS

actually kinda off topic but got offered one of these (gravel hound) a while back and seller tried to tell me that with the upgrades it was better than a Dark Impact it was all I could do not to laugh in his face. I politely turned him down and walked away thankfully out of earshot before collapsing laughing at the sheer stupidity of it
imported_MT2_18SS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in