Comp Arf Snowbird - A Canadian Icon - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #1
Helijet
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dean Wichmann
Radio of choice:
Jetti
# of RCs: few

Total Props: 14
Comp Arf Snowbird - A Canadian Icon

Hi Guys

Well just got back from a long road trip to pickup a Composite Arf Tutor. It barely fit in my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee and its a decent size SUV! So, here I sit in my nice, warm workshop looking across the yard that is now covered in snow. While admiring the classic lines of the Tutor, I can't help but recall the many times I have seen the Snowbirds at airshows and thinking that one day it would be great to have a model turbine powered
version. That dream came true earlier this year when my Jet Legend Tutor was completed and flown. It was a great flying plane and through no fault of the aircraft or radio system I lost it at a major west coast event this summer. Suffice to say, please, please, take your time assembling your aircraft at the field, don't have people around to distrupt your assembly and double check EVERYTHING before you fly. We invest a lot of money, time, blood, sweat and tears in our models and it only takes a few seconds to lose our models.

So, why another Tutor? For many of us flying jets - we grew up with the Snowbirds and they hold a special place in our hearts. It may not be the nastiest, sexiest, fastest or most lethal jet out there but it has panache - style and the grace! 35 years ago I was working on a Goldberg Falcon 56, powered by a K&B .40 and controlled by a Kraft 4 channel. This winter my project will be a 2.3 metre ( JetCat P160SX ) Composite Arf Tutor complete with speedbrakes, lighting package, detailed cockpit, retracts, doors, smoke system. What a great time to be in R/C!

Cheers
Dean W.
aka The Professor
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture.jpg
Views:	1067
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	90622  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in