HPI Savage Lowered CG Plates - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
imported_PB

Total Props: 0
HPI Savage Lowered CG Plates

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi,

I've designed some lowered plates for the savage. The only problem is, is getting them cut out of some good material. I'm trying to gauge some interest. The plates would be 0.125" thick 6061-T6 aluminum. They lengthen the truck by about 0.250" - meaning you will need and extra rear drive shaft. This helps the truck out in term of balance when jumping. The Plates would be $75 CDN plus any shipping charges. Just looking for some interest -- or not I guess.

P.s. The plates have also had holes added for things like the center fuel tank mod...

PB
imported_PB is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-08-2004, 08:34 PM   #2
spond
Alumni Mod

I am: Scott P

me too me too...
TTR S3 - Rossi M21 (on side lines all summer)
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
spond is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
spond
Alumni Mod

can you shoot me a cad of the design..just curious as to the layout..and I have an idea that i want to see if it will work...
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -

Old 06-10-2004, 07:00 AM   #4
imported_PB

I've dumped the solid model into a PDF file, send me a PM with our email address and I'll send you the file. On friday night, I'm going to test fit the plate and add two more holes. I'm then going to order 6 plates, 2 for me, 2 for CRS in the US, and I'll have two left over. Let me know if you want the remaining set.

If all goes well, I will order up a bunch more, but since these are the prototypes, there may be some custom fitting required (but I doubt it.)
Old 06-16-2004, 07:31 AM   #5
spond
Alumni Mod

Any updates on these yet..If we ever get to the track at the same time again..it would be great to check them out..and give them a try..with some lowered shocks, some aggressive maxx mulchers on wide offset x-75's...ummm...I can see me now.. with trophy in hand...crowd going crazy...as I rasie it above my head..and they start to chant.....
OH Sorry....was that out loud....
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
Old 06-16-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
imported_PB

Well the guy in the US has been out of action lately. I think he should be back to the internet very soon. Once he and I work out the details, I'll know more of what has to happen. But for right now, I'm just waiting. The cheapest place to date is the one out in mississauga. But I've got quotes to guys in Barrie that I am waiting for. Once I've heard back (from both them and CRS) I can make the big decision.

That idea of holding the trophy sounds good...

PB
Old 07-08-2004, 03:41 PM   #7
spond
Alumni Mod

Paul..any word
TTR ST-1 with LSK OMG..
Savage Racer -
Old 07-09-2004, 07:04 AM   #8
imported_PB

I just left the guy another message... right now though, it's the people in markham that are the cheapest. If your really into it, I'll order up a set of plates from him as a test run, they will be about $75 for the pair. What I will do for sure though this weekend, is mount up a set of steel plates to the truck to see what other modifications are required. And then on monday I will order them. It's 4 days for delivery once I have ordered them...

PB
Old 08-03-2004, 10:00 PM   #9
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

I am interested in this product I'll be at the track on sunday (yellow savy) or leave me a pm on how to contact you
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:03 PM   #10
imported_PB

Okay... As of Friday, I will have two sets of plates available [fancy that, just in time for the race.] In order for them to work properly, you will need an extra rear dog bone - center - to be used up front. Everything else on the truck is basically used. However, notching of the motor mounting plate, and notching of the mounts is required.

If your interested in increasing the handling of your savage, you can pick up one of these two sets for $75 CDN. [modification and purchase of the rear dog bone are left up to you.] The $75 covers my cost on getting them cut [material is 6061 T6 - 0.125" thick plate. Material is raw, so polishing is possible.]

The price will increase once the first sets are done, cause the testing will be complete... [US sellers are selling their plates for $70 US!!!]

PB
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in