Combat Discuss Aerial Combat.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
Patch
RCC Contributor

I am: Jason H

Total Props: 1
cobble hills combat

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
are you accepting new members? if so, what are the dues, like it matters, I need some combat. I fly open B and scale. I will be building some RCCA legal 2548 planes, and hope to build some WWI if I have someone to fly against.

In theory, everything works.
Patch is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
Bryan Mailloux
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Bryan M

Total Props: 2
cobble hills

I should drop in one of these days. Good times
Old 02-05-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
Patch
RCC Contributor

unfortunately, the MAAC scale combat chair has informed me that upon consultation from cobble hills president he has been advised to let me know that the membership is full. That's too bad. I was really hoping that old political disagreements could be bygones, and that everyone could just move on and fly. I would sure appreciate a call from the cobble hills president to discuss this.

Old 02-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #4
britbrat

Total Props: 0
Not again!!!!! Does this cr@p never end?? Patch -- give up on MAAC & the pathetic Canadian combat "brotherhood" (some brothers they are). Go chase Lightning & company -- the competition is real at least.

You have my sympathy.
britbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:41 AM   #5
lightning

Aw Pat, you're gonna get 'em all riled up agin!!
Patch, you wanna fly combat - just tell us where and when - I know a few folks who'll come get ya streamer!!
lightning is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #6

Total Props: 57
HMMM!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch
unfortunately, the MAAC scale combat chair has informed me that upon consultation from cobble hills president he has been advised to let me know that the membership is full. That's too bad. I was really hoping that old political disagreements could be bygones, and that everyone could just move on and fly. I would sure appreciate a call from the cobble hills president to discuss this.
Patch when you want to join a club usually its you who must expend the effort to become a member. The contact info is on the MAAC site

http://www.maac.ca/zones/clubs/clubs_m.html

Mike Allen 112 Toulon Cr London On. N5G 1J5 (519) 455-3770 deyeallen@hotmail.com

There I copied it for you.

Remember now there was a lot of animosity between your club and some of the members of the London group so you may be reaping what you have sown. At one time you were very vocal that there was not room for both groups in Canada and you and your group did their best to try and sink Canadian Combat in favor of the RCCA. If the club does not want you as a member that is their choice and I cannot for the life of me see how you can blame the Combat Chairman for what you have brought on yourself.

Dennis Pratt
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #7
lightning

Dennis, with apologies to Jason (I don't want to start the wars again) I have to respond to your comments:
  • I really don't accept any action was taken to "sink Canadian Combat". The MAAC combat group adopted RCCA rules verbatim for the first couple of years. The rules were identical.
  • That was great, we got along, US flyers competed in Ontario and vice versa. US flyers counted their points in the RCCA NPS and Canadian pilots counted theirs in the MAAC Combat series
  • Then a few Canadians took exception to the "long winged freaks" that some US pilots were flying - planes that were not illegal according to the rules at the time
  • There was much discussion on what the MAAC rules were going to be in 2005, effectively banning certain aircraft. If that was not enough, the "land after mid-air" rule was forced through with questionable supporting documentation. (For the record, there still has been no incident in the US as the result of a mid-aired plane not landing. I suggest there are many more sorties flown this side of the border.)
  • OK so far, lots of muttering but then the crowning glory was the banning of certain aircraft (my A17As included) at a 2004 Canadian combat event which the CD deemed would be flown under the 2005 rules!
  • And of course, the MAAC exec lost all credibility when they denied our protest of this situation at the recommendation of the MAAC combat committee
  • That, in my opinion was the death knell of US/Canada combat and was exactly what certain individuals had been hoping for all along.
  • Bottom line - it was the MAAC combat committee who changed the rules to discourage American participation. The RCCA rules have not changed during this time period and are exactly as the Canadian rules were originally
  • It was the Canadian rule changes that eliminated the reciprocity of points between the two groups, not anything done by the RCCA
  • So exactly who tried to sink who here??
And you wonder why there is animosity!!!

(Jason, this is my piece, I've said it - I will not prolong the discussion.)
lightning is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
britbrat

--- And we all saw it happen --- so no historical revisionism if you please.

Patch's great sin was to insist on the rules extant being followed. For that he gets blackballed -- a cowardly, spitefull, petty, but expected action.
britbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-09-2005, 03:52 PM   #9
Patch
RCC Contributor

Re: HMMM!!!

"Remember now there was a lot of animosity between your club and some of the members of the London group so you may be reaping what you have sown."

One member is not a lot, and it was quite some time ago. get over it.

" At one time you were very vocal that there was not room for both groups in Canada and you and your group did their best to try and sink Canadian Combat in favor of the RCCA."

I have never been vocal that there wasn't room for two, I have been vocal about the combat commitee making rules that will divide the two groups

"If the club does not want you as a member that is their choice and I cannot for the life of me see how you can blame the Combat Chairman for what you have brought on yourself"

I agree except for the part about blaming the Combat Chairman. I never did blame him, I just said that he was the one to inform me. What have I brought on myself Dennis? I have only tried to be able to fly international competitions. The problem is that there a few biased people who make the calls, and are good talkers, taking advantage of those with less knowledge of the RCCA. I bet both groups would love to fly together (with the exception of us who have argued for so long about little toy planes)

I once quoted "fly by whatever rules you guys want, but don't ruin it for us" That really doesn't sound like tring to sink MAAC combat to me. As a matter of fact it sounds like I'm saying that there is room for both of us

Old 02-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #10

Total Props: 57
Like I said Patch I even posted the information for you to contact the club the choice to do so is yours. Accepted or not thats your problem. I remember it being a difference in rules and the majority choose the present course and by the way combat Canadian Combat is doing quite nicely. You still sound bitter. Maybe its you who needs to move on. After all the information for you to contact the club was easily accessible and took one or two clicks of the mouse to bring it up but I had no problem posting it for you.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in