Wanted - 1/5 Scale DHC-1 Chipmunk Kit - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
bbbair
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rob B
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: sum

Total Props: 47
Re: Wanted - 1/5 Scale DHC-1 Chipmunk Kit

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
HAve a look at these guys... a definate - Mayby!

http://www.apacheaviation.co.uk/Chip...chipmunks.html

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Lag_Janson
RCC Noob

I am: Ryan D
Radio of choice:
DX7
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipa_240sx View Post
Jealous.

I would be interested in seeing some pics of your progress.

I've been toying with the idea of building a 1/10th scale (40" ws) from a vintage Frank Buckland design circa 1956 on Outerzone:

http://www.outerzone.co.uk/search/re...&Submit=Search

Sadly, not as much progress as I'd like. Spent most of the year with my new daughter (1 year old now!) so building and flying time both have been short. I need to get the linkages installed before I can really start sheeting the fuselage...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1526218
Lag_Janson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #13

Total Props: 57

Trumpetman,
Thanks for the lead re. 'Flying Scale Models' .... I did purchase the 1/4 scale short kit a couple months back. The kit itself looks good but I must give you, and everyone else, a 'heads up' though. The plans are not complete. In order to save a little paper, the plans only show about 1/4 of the right wing. You have to flip the plans over and try to trace the left wing in order to get the mirror image drawn.
After repeated requests from the publishers, I have yet to get the situation resolved. Either they can't or won't get the full wing set from the designer. Furthermore, the wing is designed to be one piece, which was not described in their write-up. So you need a vehicle with lots of space to carry a 103" wing span model. I am re-designing it to join on either side of the fuselage. Another unexpected challenge.
I would not suggest getting anything from these guys since their 'after sale' service sucks.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in