allen keys - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
akramer007
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
allen keys

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
i did a couple quick searches and didnt find anything like this, now what my problem is, is all my allen keys are rounding out, therefore rounding out my bolts, ive gone through lots of keys, so my question is what a decent ones to buy that last more than a month like mastercraft ones do, i bought them a month ago and there already no good, just figured id get some of your opinions on decent tools. especially for stubborn nitro head bolts.
akramer007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by akramer007 View Post
i did a couple quick searches and didnt find anything like this, now what my problem is, is all my allen keys are rounding out, therefore rounding out my bolts, ive gone through lots of keys, so my question is what a decent ones to buy that last more than a month like mastercraft ones do, i bought them a month ago and there already no good, just figured id get some of your opinions on decent tools. especially for stubborn nitro head bolts.
best bang for the buck locally is integy. there will be a lot of opinions on this, but this is my personal experience.
the integy drivers are available at local hobby shops, and the tips are of very high quality. they last a long long time, and when you finally do round one out, the replacement tips are around $5.00 on the shelf in your LHS.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXKTH6&P=SM

hudy makes excellent drivers as well. more expensive.
dynamite makes high quality drivers at a good price too, but i personally find the tips too short.
STAY AWAY FROM THE ASSOCIATED DRIVERS!!! PHATOOEY! they just plain SUCK!
i haven't heard any negativity about the losi drivers - the team guys seem to like them.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #3
Daniel Yachnin
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Daniel

Dynamite also makes a nice set. high quality.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=DYN3070
Daniel Yachnin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
ROBILLARD
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Sean R

I use snap-on, iam a mechanic and have access to there tools but iam sure youve seen one of there trucks on the road, if not go to your local garage and ask when and what time they come in. Ive only had to replace my 1mm and 1.5mm in a year and a half and free of charge because of the life time warranty, also the tolerances are far superior to mastercraft/crafstman which makes for a better fit and a lot less headaches.
ROBILLARD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
akramer007
RCC Apprentice

allen keys

ok thanks for the quick help, definately gonna look into snap on cause i know they have good quality stuff b ut also good to hear that integy and dynamite have good ones as well oh and i also cant seem to get quick reply to work, i click on it then try to send my response but it comes up as error need to slect quick reply button WTF
akramer007 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
imported_cancruiser
RCC Contributor

I assume the Snap On Allens are sold individually. Do you remember what each one runs $$ wise?
Losi XXX-T Brushless
Tamiya 2 x M03s / DF-02 Rising Storm
HPI Savage X / 2 x MT2 SS
Traxxas E-Maxx Brushless / Slash
Blade MCX / CX / CP+
Proboat Shockwave 26

http://www.dufferinrc.com
imported_cancruiser is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #7
Leterdangle

you can either buy them as a set or individually.
Here are 2 part numbers for snap on.
AWMBPH9 Metric Hex Ball 9pcs(1.5,2,2.5,3,4,5,6,8,10MM)
AWMBS9 Same set but stubby.

You might as well only buy them once and never have to pay for them again.

Another Idea could be to Buy Stanley Tools as well. Beings they now OWN Snap-On Tools.

Cheers
Adam
Leterdangle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Doc
RCC Contributor

I am: Derek R

I bought a couple sets of the RC One drivers and they are very good quality for the price.

Losi makes a nice set although, they are way over priced.

Avoid the Dynamite plastic handled ones, they are crap and wear way to fast.
Doc is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #9
imported_ekashyap
RCC Junior Contributor

Stay far away from anything named INTEGY. Their crap bends like it was made of clay.

If you want good quality tools that will last you forever, go with one of the following brands:

Team losi drivers
Hudy Tools
Eds Tools

Eds and Hudy are the absolute best tools you can buy. Eds is Hudy quality but with cheaper pricing.

I bought a few eds drives a few months ago and they're the best rc tools I've ever used. Don't ever go for those snap on ones or the allen keys ever again..I have dynamite drivers and an Integy one and on a scale of 1 to 10...the Integy would get 1, dynamite would get 7 and eds would be 10. Eds is not available locally I believe but its well worth it to buy from the states...even with the exchange rate...just because they'll last you forever.

Here is the eds racing website:
http://edsracingproducts.com/

Old 04-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
ROBILLARD
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Sean R

cant remember what i paid i think it was 30 bucks a set for the ball end and 26 for regular, Stanley tools are owned by MAC tools not Snap-on, the MAC ones suck
ROBILLARD is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in