RealFlight 7 vs Phoenix 4 for IMAC practice - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
grosbeak
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: John R
Radio of choice:
Futaba 8FGS
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 25
RealFlight 7 vs Phoenix 4 for IMAC practice

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'd like to get a head start on IMAC this year with some sim practice. I already have Phoenix 4 and it's pretty good, though I haven't done a lot of aerobatic practice with it. I'm wondering if Real Flight 7 is a step up, and enough of a step up to justify the price.

I'm already aware that flying at the field is much better practice for IMAC and I'll be into that when the weather warms up. What I'm looking for are opinions on RF7 for aerobatics practice.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #2
Soulfly
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Trevor F
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 3
Re: RealFlight 7 vs Phoenix 4 for IMAC practice

I bought RF5 a while back and recently picked up Phoenix 4 in hopes of being a better sim..
Well, even compared to RF5, I didn't find Phoenix 4 as 'realistic', if you will, as RF5.

THEN I picked up RF7.. Wow! Is all I can say. It's a very good sim and I plan on sticking with it. To me, it has such a more realistic feel to it.

In both sims, it doesn't seem like the smaller planes react as they should in real life, so I usually find myself flying a bigger scale in both Heli's and planes.
Soulfly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
BMG
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brendan G.
Radio of choice:
18MZ
# of RCs: 3.5

Total Props: 4

I received some good advice from Isabel a few years back about using a sim for IMAC practice. No matter the sim, as you pointed out, they are no comparison to flying at the field. That being said, use the sim to work on specific elements of your flying. In chase mode, you can see what the plane is actually doing and work on the eye hand coordination. I need to work on 8 point rolls this winter for example, so this will be great to get the timing and correction required at each point figured out so that they become second nature when I fly at the field.

If you are just starting, straight and level are the most important elements to work on. Add a cross wind and keep working at the corrections needed.

Brendan
BMG is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Old School Flyer
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Hanes E.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 20

I, personally, enjoy Phoenix over the real flight.
The kids seems to have a blast with Real flight has more of a gamer appeal
I find Phoenix, when I tailor it, Such as cog adjustment and thrust. Etc the model does behave properly accordingly. Real flight was not so much so.
That being said, I'm just a sport flyer, my attention to physic detail isn't near what a world competitor would be.
Old School Flyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in