bbbair
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Rob B
Radio of choice:
Hitec
# of RCs: sum

Total Props: 47
Thumbs down Heli Fuel?

Fuel; A basic item that can cause all sorts of problems.

Last year my son gave me a gallon of 30% Helicopter Fuel. I didn’t want to hurt his feelings so I took it and bought some FAI no nitro – so now I have two gallons of 15% - right?

I put it in my OS 90 FS and went flying after 5 minutes – DEAD STICK!.... hmmm tune and adjust the OS – no change. Go through all of the normal checks (Glow plug, gaps etc – problem remains) Add Caster to the fuel – lots of oil now. No luck – more dead sticks.

OK the season is over, and I put it all away last fall. So now I pull out the fuel mix it up with some old 5% that was working well last fall and I put it into my Thunder Tiger 42 GP. Three flights produced three dead sticks after 5 minutes of run time…

Begged a tank (6 oz) of fuel (15%) from a buddy and went flying flawlessly for 12 minutes…

SO! … What is in 30% Heli fuel that does not work in my engines?

I getting ready to use this stuff to start my camp fire – what a waste of 2 ˝ gallons of fuel, but it’s much cheaper than loosing an AC!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in