Indoor racing this winter - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #61
WillD

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I've mounted up some Tamiya rally tires from Ideal and am all set to go for Fri

Though, I think my Tamiya Evo V's crying on the inside as she looks like a rally car now.......but hopefully I'll actually have traction
  Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:23 PM   #62
Brodieman
RCC Apprentice

This is them right??
Can you mount them on standard 1/10 TC wheels?? I hope so because I will just do a bit of rubber tire baking and use my Jaco wheels. Anyone in the market for 10 foam tires
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	b_50476.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	171454  
Brodieman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #63
WillD

Yeah those are them.....Tamiya 50476

They mounted no prob on some 26mm hpi wheels.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #64
FrankC

Just went to Ideal and they only had Tamiya radial tires, not rally tires.
Are they getting more?
Old 11-23-2010, 03:37 PM   #65
Brodieman
RCC Apprentice

I take it you didn't ask when you were there, LOL. Well that's probably a good thing as my RC budget has got bit out of hand since I got a new car. Never enough spare parts
See you guys on Friday.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #66
FrankC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodieman View Post
I take it you didn't ask when you were there, LOL. Well that's probably a good thing as my RC budget has got bit out of hand since I got a new car. Never enough spare parts
See you guys on Friday.
Andy wasn't there and Dave didn't know.
What else is new.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #67
WillD

I think Ideal probably sold out as when I bought mine on Friday they only had a few pair left of the Tamiya rally tires. Andy had said they had already sold a whole bunch of them.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #68
Brodieman
RCC Apprentice

Last nights club race was great. The club is coming along nicely and the level of racing is improving dramatically week to week Too bad the PVC is taking such a beating though, anyone have any ideas on how to strengthen the joints? I know on bigger pipes putting pieces of 2X4 in the joints helps.

Was envious of everyone that got the Tamiya rally tires, my Jaco foams were much better than rubber slicks but not enough to let me control my 6.5 turn motor. Think it's time to order a 17.5. The guy running the Beamer body, X-Ray T3 I believe, was using HPI Super Radials (not sure which compound, Super, Pro, or M. Most likely Pro) with no inserts and was not wanting for traction at all. This is the route I am going to keep the chassis more stable than with all the bounce running on the rally tires.

Hopefully I can make it up next week. Enjoy the snow this weekend
Old 11-28-2010, 09:18 AM   #69
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

Quote:
Just went to Ideal and they only had Tamiya radial tires, not rally tires.
Are they getting more?
11-20-2010 10:19 PM
When the race was over spoke to Andy regarding the Tamiya rally tires, he told me he has 24 pairs ordered for next friday
imported_Vinnie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #70
imported_Vinnie
RCC Apprentice

What type of inner foam are you guys using with the Tamiya Block tires, if any at all?????

I had someone let me borrow their set of tires last week and it knock 8 seconds out of my lap time....This week I'm passing by Ideal Hobbies and picking up a set, and get it ready for the New Year.

I forgot the name of the person who let me borrow the set of tires, but I appreciated very much.

I've also heard something about a Schumacher tire being really good for that floor. anyone have tried or know which Schumacher tire is it????
imported_Vinnie is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in