US Nats, Canadian Nats, Team Selection - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Precision Aerobatics Discuss Precision Aerobatics in canada

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #1

Total Props: 57
US Nats, Canadian Nats, Team Selection

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
So who is planning on attending the US Nats in a couple of weeks? I am going as well as two others from out west here, leaving on the 15th and should be back on the 26th.

How about the Canadian Pattern Nats in Oakville? I am flying out to Toronto on the 27th and should hit the Nats, as well as the Team Selection in Oakville the week after and heading back on the 9th of August. Probably will be around to some different fields in the area during the couple of weeks that I am there.

So how about it anyone else attending any of these events?
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:20 PM   #2
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
When is the Oakville one and is it at the oakville field? If so I may go...
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2004, 05:47 PM   #3

Hey Chris,

Oakville is hosting the Pattern Nationals (July 31, Aug 1) all classes will be flown.

Oakville is also hosting the FAI Team Trials (determines who goes to the World Championships) on Aug 7-8. Unfortunately you cannot participate in that event, but its worth watching us guys try to fight it out for spots on the team

I think they are both at the South field, but as I have never flown there before I am not 100% sure of that.

The US Nationals is down in Muncie, Indiana at the AMA's National Flying Center.

Old 07-05-2004, 06:24 PM   #4
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

oh no I won;t be flying, I just wanna watch :-p I like precision Aerobatics, like the thought of it and what I have seen ut I have never seen a sequence of it done or anything more then knife edge performed (thats the only move i know if it even is one)
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:31 PM   #5
airframe

See you at the CDN Nats. I have a Webra 1.6 in my Vector that is working really nice. This engine really brought the airplane alive as well as OLY Medal wings have solved alot of the coupling problems.

See you there.

Mike Sebastien
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by airframe
See you at the CDN Nats. I have a Webra 1.6 in my Vector that is working really nice. This engine really brought the airplane alive as well as OLY Medal wings have solved alot of the coupling problems.

See you there.

Mike Sebastien
Good to see you heading to the Nats. What happend to Muncie or are you still planning on hitting that as well?

Two-stroke.....yuck! I finally had to take the DZ out of the plane, only took 80 gallons of fuel before it went poof

I have heard that the Medal wings work better than the original Vector wings, also I guess that Filteau made a smaller set of Vector style wings which work pretty good. Adam isnt flying the Vector anymore and is flying one of Nedims planes now.

Too bad you could not stay for the trials, I suspect this year there is going to be some good battles
Old 07-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #7
rcpilot
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Maqsood

Quote:
Originally Posted by can773
Hey Chris,

Oakville is hosting the Pattern Nationals (July 31, Aug 1) all classes will be flown.

Oakville is also hosting the FAI Team Trials (determines who goes to the World Championships) on Aug 7-8. Unfortunately you cannot participate in that event, but its worth watching us guys try to fight it out for spots on the team

I think they are both at the South field, but as I have never flown there before I am not 100% sure of that.

The US Nationals is down in Muncie, Indiana at the AMA's National Flying Center.
I am set to fly in the contest, have not done much practice, but will try anyways, INTERMEDIATE that is.

Chad, the Contest is at the north field and the Team Trials at the south field. They are only about 10 minutes apart.

See you there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXS...hYlGsXmhcYNn9g
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:59 PM   #8

You will have a blast flying even if you have not practised that much. Hopefully there is a good turnout but I think that there will be.

I didnt realize that they were at different fields, Harry Ells is my chauffer so I didnt take the time to look
Old 07-09-2004, 06:02 PM   #9
airframe

Chad: I had to make some choices about which contests to go to and I decided to go to Muncie next year. I'm going to the IMAC Nats in Ottawa (don't laugh)

I think the Team Trails are going to be a repeat of the Nats. I sure you FAI guys are going to be putting on a good show and it will be interesting to watch and judge.

Who is coming from the west to the Team Trails and the Nats?

Mike
airframe is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:35 PM   #10

Nats, likely just me heading out, Dave has thought about it but nothing for sure yet.

Team trials Adam, Dave and myself. I think Bill Kent was planning for it as well but not sure if he is still going or not.

Quote:
I think the Team Trails are going to be a repeat of the Nats.
Most likely, they are not that far apart to make much difference. Adam might throw a wrench into that a bit though.

Quote:
I'm going to the IMAC Nats in Ottawa (don't laugh)
Hehehehe, IMAC Should be a walk in the park for a pattern guy like you LOL
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in