JASDF and Luftwaffe F-4 Phantoms - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Documentation Aviation Books / Scale Documentation. Interested in the documentation behind scale modeling? This is your forum!

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Total Props: 0
JASDF and Luftwaffe F-4 Phantoms

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi guys just wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction? Iam chasing websites that may have some good quality reference photos and colour plates etc of JASDF and Luftwaffe colour schemes for the F-4 Phantom. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Cheers- Marty

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:23 AM   #2

Total Props: 57
You're a bit far afield for a Canadian forum......

Keep plugging away on the Internet because there are a lot of websites that deal with the Phantom. I'd try doing some basic searches in Google Images until you find a Phantom that you like the look of and then going to the actual page from the Google display and book-marking it for later checking.

I'd also check with the IPMS (International Plastic Model Society), as well as the local news agent for magazines on the plastics. I think that "Kokan" (not sure of name as I'm pulling this from memory) magazine from Japan will be able to cover the JASDF colours. There should be some chapters in your area.

Also, "Squadron Signals" is a good source as is the old "Profile Publications". Until they went out of buisness, this was THE (that's major emphasis) source for 3-views and colour schemes.

I've got a few Profiles banging around my files but nothing on the F-4.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
adaly
RCC Apprentice

I am: Alan D
Radio of choice:
frsky
# of RCs: 10

try this
http://airliners.net/search/photo.se...ages=195&page=

great resource for pictures hope, the link works
MAAC 69935
adaly is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #4
Marty C
RCC Expert Contributor

Byrocat- Oh I dont know RCC used to be my local forums till end of 05, spent a lot of time in Belleville... tried all your suggestions not as much as you would expect on the web, at least that I have found so far. Iam getting some good sources via threads like this though

Alan- Thanks for that one, I found one amoungst all the camo versions posted there. Iam trying to find more colourful F-4 schemes. The Japanese and Germans are to the F-4 as the Canadians are to the F-18 when it comes to paint jobs. Check these ones out-

http://www.amv83.net/asm/gallerygermanyphantom.htm

http://www.amv83.net/asm/galleryjapanF4EJ.htm

Cheers- Marty
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in