Non FAI contributions to Aeromodelling - Page 31 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
MAAC Model Aeronautics Association of Canada discussion area.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #301
John O'Sullivan
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John O

Total Props: 22
Re: Non FAI contributions to Aeromodelling

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeCam View Post
See Cross, MAAC isn't for everyone, all I want to do is bore holes in the sky.
Well Mike - off you go - bore all the holes in the sky that you want to.
That way you won't be BORING all the rest of us who have the future of MAAC as a valid interest.
MAAC #5401
MACI # 26
John O'Sullivan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #302
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Ken K.
Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 251

It would appear that the FAI in MAAC has caused a lot of problems lately, from the Rick Reid - Louis Lebel president resignations, the World Scale meet in Tillsonburg and the MAAC suspensions, the MAAC FAI glider team member (s) trying to oust the event chairman weeks before the event takes place.

As MAAC moves from a competive event based organization to a fun fly based organization the change has had it's up and downs.
cf100 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #303
Applehoney
RCC Contributor

I am: Jim M

Total Props: 15

>the FAI in MAAC has caused a lot of problems lately, from the Rick Reid

In this instance Rick Reid caused the problems by attempting to withdraw MAAC from the FAI without the support of the organisation ... supported by yourself, I recall, which is no surprise ... which move was soundly defeated by the membership as a whole, not just the members interested in FAI classes.
Applehoney is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #304
MikeCam
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Dan F

Total Props: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John O'Sullivan View Post
Well Mike - off you go - bore all the holes in the sky that you want to.
That way you won't be BORING all the rest of us who have the future of MAAC as a valid interest.
That's funny John. I'm on here because I care about MAAC and growing the organization. FAI is dying a slow death and does nothing to bring in new members. Obviously you just don't like my views on FAI because I've been preaching for MAAC to do a better job of promoting itself to the foamy and park flyers that are the largest demographic out there.

I've been asking for MAAC to come up with some kind of media on there website as it pertains to the brand new hobby pilot who is wondering if this hobby could be for him.

Amazing how we still get the anti FAI anti MAAC quotes. Because I'm against MAAC FAI funding then I'm against MAAC. Absurd!!!!! As I have said I have nothing against FAI and why would I, other then my membership dollars going to something that is on the decline and not helping MAAC grow and foster at a time when RC flying is surging.

If we don't catch the wave it could be a long weight for the next one.
MikeCam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #305
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

The MAAC board voted on the Rick Reid action and it was approved by the majority of the board at that time. The Aero Club of Canada was going to raise MAAC fees substantially so Reid said MAAC would withdrawal until a fair solution to MAAC could be arranged. Then a few MAAC board members waged a personal vendetta campaign against Rick Reid (similar to the attacks on Wayne Bransfield) until enough of the board changed their positions, a starting point for the on going dysfunction on the MAAC board up to Ron Dodd.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:32 AM   #306
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

Keep in mind Rick Reid had nothing to gain from the ACC withdrawal, only MAAC FAI stand to lose their perks and pork.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #307
Applehoney
RCC Contributor

Reid pushed his idea hard to enough sycophants on the Board to sway support in his favour, even though his action contravened the MAAC constitution - and it did take a concerted effort by others - on and off the Board - to rein in his autocratic ways.

Ways which also led to his total discredit at a Montreal AGM - but that's another story not related to pro/anti FAI
Old 06-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #308
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

Canada did not go to the Russia Olympics in 1980 and life went on.
In the Rick Reid ACC case the action by the MAAC FAI fanatics at that time left a legacy in many ways.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #309
Applehoney
RCC Contributor

No, Ken .. it was the action of the overall membership, not just the 'FAI fanatics' as you disparagingly call them .... that brought things back to order.

I find it interesting that you dismiss all subesquent Boards - and Presidents by inference, having named Dodds - as being dysfunctional, a sweeping statement that some might well contest.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #310
cf100
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

Radio of choice:
JR & Graupner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehoney View Post
No, Ken .. it was the action of the overall membership, not just the 'FAI fanatics' as you disparagingly call them .... that brought things back to order.

I find it interesting that you dismiss all subesquent Boards - and Presidents by inference, having named Dodds - as being dysfunctional, a sweeping statement that some might well contest.
your words not mine, it's like saying I competed to make the FAI team when only a few show up and all make the FAI team by default.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in