Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 09:23 PM   #1
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: matt s

Total Props: 0
t6 confusion

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just got the T6/3D and a castle creation 25 esc (Thanks Oilman) and there are posative, negative and one more (not quite shure what its for, first brushless) but on the moter there are just 3 yellow leads. dose it matter which I solder the esc to?

Matteo
matteo is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:09 AM   #2
oilman

Solder the three leads from the motor two the three leads from the controler.

If the motor does not turn in the direction you would like it to go unsolder any two of the tree motor wires and switch them over. In other words reverse any two of the three wires.

Under no circumstances revers the polarity of the two wires on the battery side of the controler. On one side of the controler you have two wires only. these are the battery leads. Ones red ones black. They go, black too the black on your battery. Red to the red on your battery. If you reverse these two by accident your controlers toast. Please don't fry it as I gave you a deal on it that you won't be able to get again. From me or any one.

Then go have fun!

Oily.
oilman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
oilman

Also if you arn't one hundred percent sure what your doing PM me. We can chat over MSN or something.

BTW that controlers battery voltage cutoff is set at 9v right now.

What size pack you going to hook it up to?

Oily.

Old 05-29-2004, 08:33 AM   #4
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

i'll have a etec 1200mah 3s1p. so the 9v cut off should be ok, because if i'm not mastaken you had a 3s2p on it with you corsair right?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
oilman

Yup it should be fine as is.

Oily.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:23 PM   #6
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

I soldered it up and it was right first try
I flew my plane that i had it on (it ended up in a tree, but I got it out and it is ready to fly again no damage) but when the lipos where neering there end of the charge it diddent cut off, I dont think. It keep on going untill it
was just a putt and the radio was jittering. Any Ideas on whats going on?
Old 05-29-2004, 06:56 PM   #7
oilman

You have the controlers manual there.

Go through the set up procedure and se tit up for 9V cut of again. Maybe I screwed the sequence up?
If memory servse me correctly.
You need to start with the stick in the middle. Then answer yes, back to middle next set of beeps answer yes, then your into voltage cut off mode. Answer no three times then Yes, then unplug your controler from the battery. You should be set on 9V cut off now. Read through the manual though. Don't just take my word for it.

Glad to hear it's working good for you. What size plane. How do you like the motor?

Oily.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:40 AM   #8
matteo
RCC Senior Contributor

Its on a VTO, vertical take off. it is a "flying wing" type thing and the motor is great.
On the first flight I took it off vertically (what its ment for) and the thing rocketed up! but the plane was soo out of trim that it was doing 10foot loops hands off. It took me about 4 min to trim it out then I tryed to do some aerobatics. I tryed a roll, for the plane it rolls surprisingly fast and the loops are really tight. Also the motor is so quit that in the sky you can bairly hear it at full thottle.
Im just working on getting a P40 ready for the moter because I diddent have much luck in getting it to fly, to heavy not enough power. This should make it go like a rocket.
I would post some pics but I cant get them in the right format. What do you guys use?
Old 05-30-2004, 10:47 AM   #9
oilman

I usualy use JPG's

I had to get a free file converter.

Lately I switched back from XP to ME. Less hackers and worms on ME it seems.

But it sure is a cr OS!

It seems to me when working with images if I opened them with paint then saved them with a new name as JPGs they got noticably smaller.

Oily.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:02 PM   #10
Chris Cann
RCC Supreme Contributor

hmm i used paint shop pro 7 matteo e-mail me all your pics you want converetd and i'll do it and post em then you just save em fromt he post...oilman when i convertem it doesn;t affect the size, and I'm using ME I love it!
Chris Cann is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in