Ordering the X525 from GLB - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Multi Rotor Discussion Tri's, Quad's, Hex'as and more. Discuss anything multi-rotor, including multi-rotor stabilization and FPV setups.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:59 AM   #41
Recursion
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Recursion
Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 3
Re: Ordering the X525 from GLB

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just noticed you posted these include hobbyking ESCs. You 'might' want to consider replacing all 4 of them. Apparently the new ones are not flashable if you ever want to put on custom quad optimized firmware on them.

If you ordered new ones already then, I guess you should stick it out.
Recursion is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:15 AM   #42
menace
RCC Apprentice

I am: Stuart H
Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x (er9x)
# of RCs: 5+

Total Props: 0

Yeah I was going to switch, thinking there is no sense in chasing good money after bad, but then figured I would have spares in case another blew up. In hindsight I could have probably switched and sold my three good hobbywings to someone doing a tri-build...ah well we'll stick it out and see how it goes.
menace is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #43
menace
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x (er9x)

I decided to write a little guide based on all the things I did wrong, had to look up more than once or just plain couldn't remember. Maybe it'll help others with their GLB purchase...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2283

Old 07-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #44
Recursion
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus

I really hope your luck improves. Getting my thing flying I've had great luck. My luck seems to be horrible so far with the FPV part though. Transmitter shipment nearing 5 weeks, and 2 maybe 3 dead OSD componants I need to RMA back to the states.

I least I can fly it though. Nothing worse than being stuck grounded.

Are you still looking to flash your transmitter? I've been doing some really neat things with mine to the point I've run out of channels. er9x is just so easy to use.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM   #45
menace
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x (er9x)

After playing with it a bit more I am definitely interested in a firmware update. Using the stock settings I can't seem to get the other toggle switches mapped. I've only been able to get to the menu that lets you use the gear switch and then only trim pots after that (aux-ch). I would love it if I could use the trim pots and all those other switches in the multiwii configuration--be able to turn things on and off and see the effect they have.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #46
Recursion
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus

Yeah, when you switch you'll be annoyed you didn't sooner. Calibrating and making switches to whatever you want is trivial. I'm using all of the switches, and could use the pots to tweak the control mid flight fairly easily. I have 4 switches that do different things on two channels.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:28 PM   #47
menace
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x (er9x)

So I got my new esc's and installed them. Now I have another problem--aarrrgghh. It seems output d11 is flaking on the multiwii board--whatever esc I plug into that one stutters heavily on startup (right stick down and to the right)

This translates to a perpetually spinning copter --I assume since that output seems to falter or is at the very least slower than the other 3. Any thoughts on how to recover that?

EDIT: is there a way to use d5 or d6 to replace d11? Reconfigure the def.h file or something? I'm in over my head when it comes to programming so I don't want to just go swapping numbers in the file..

One interesting thing is that if I gun the throttle and drop it back down, it seems to settle into the same rpm as the others (no equipment to verify rpm's though)

Another thing is I used a 1350mAH battery with 25C output and it was very warm when done--smallish battery I know but this to me implies I was maxing it out just trying to get it off the ground? The esc's are rated at 20A.

Last edited by menace; 08-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #48
Recursion
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Taranis X9D Plus

That means your battery is rated for 33.75Amps assuming full 25C, but many agree you should target for half of that so you don't murder the battery life, so 17A. How many Amps do your motors pull at full throttle? If you don't know, what are they rated for?

Edit: I just took a look at a site that clocked your motors at 15A each at 11v, assuming you're using the 1047 blades your kit comes with. This means under full load, you'll be using 60A, (more with full voltage). So yes, your battery is way too small.

Last edited by Recursion; 08-05-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #49
menace
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
Turnigy 9x (er9x)

Thats so simple that I'm embarrassed that I didn't look that up --thanks though!!

Any thoughts on the stuttering propeller? I'm just working up the nerve to flash it to 2.0 and see if that cures it-hopefully its not a hardware problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in