Optima 7 RX and Antenna ? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Old 11-23-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
roscoe
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Ross T
Radio of choice:
Futaba/HiTec
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 6
Optima 7 RX and Antenna ?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Finally feeling my way into the 2.4 gig world. (I know I'm a stick in the mud).
First question; The info included with the hardware does not speak to antenna orientation or location in any meanigful way. How have present owners been handling this?
Second; How have you been installing the RX? Is it a good thing to have easy access for linking, and how often, in your experience, must this procedure be carried out? Every flight?
Also, will a silver dope finish, done with aluminum paste mixed in the dope cause any loss of signal? Waiting for an answer from Hitec on this one.
Any insight will be appreciated. TNX.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
Wayne MIller
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Wayne MIller
Radio of choice:
Hitec A9 JR 9303
# of RCs: 19

Total Props: 9
Re: Optima 7 RX and Antenna ?

Hi Roscoe,

I'm new to the 2.4 as well and have a new Aurora 9 and Optima upgrade to 2.4 and so I've been doing a lot of reading of any posts I come across regarding the Hitec 2.4.

One thread I read from a Hitec rep. said the optimal placement of the antenna in theory would be staight up and down. However, after saying that he said that he has tried all positions and has never had a problem.

Also, I found the instructions for binding, switching binding, and going into range check mode a little difficult to understand. After a lot of experimenting and rereading the information in the manual, I've tried to put together a "quick reference" that expands and clarifies some of the instructions in the manual. The intent is to put this into my flight box and carry with me.

This also gives explain what lights will be on the Tx module when it makes a bind so you can easily tell if it binds at the field. I'm attaching it for your refernce - if you have any suggestions on how to make it better, or find any mistakes, please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Binding 2_4 Modules.pdf (26.1 KB, 188 views)

Last edited by Wayne MIller; 11-23-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Clarifying points
Wayne MIller is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #3
carloswith47
RCC Noob

I am: carlos
Radio of choice:
carloswith47
# of RCs: 1

Total Props: -1

Optima 7 RX is the good system than the old antenna. It has come to our attention when some users are broking antenna used on the Optima series receivers. When this is happen the result is come and change the operable range. This is now better for all to use it.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18

You are right to worry about the silver dope. I painted one of my lawnmower engines with it and it would not start until I cleared the paint off the kill switch. Do a range check with the aircraft pointed in all directions.

"If my being here has made your day a little more pleasant then I have done my job" Red Skelton 1913 - 1997 (famous Comedian)
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
roscoe
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Ross T
Radio of choice:
Futaba/HiTec
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 6

Thanks for the input fellows, it is much appreciated. Below is the reply from HiTec's support dept. I am still wondering about whether open access to the RX is necessary as far as re-linking is concerned. Any info is welcome.

Hello Ross,

Thank you for choosing Hitec products. For Aluminum doping, we recommend putting the whisker outside of the aircraft as the covering might act as a reflector for the signal.

Thank you,

Billy Tompkins

Customer Service Rep.

Hitec RCD, LLC

Multiplex USA

Phone (85 748- 8440

Fax (85 859-2618

12115 Paine St.

Poway CA, 92064

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in