First stationary flip - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 11:47 AM   #1
murp
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Chad M

Total Props: 0
First stationary flip

I did some nice flips this morning at the field. I have been working on them on the sim for the last week. My X400 responded great, I am really impressed with this heli in stock form. After replacing a few weak plastic pieces (boom support ends) this thing is flying really nice for me. Anyhow just wanted to share.

cheers murp
MAAC #75849
Trex 450 Pro stock, Outrage XP30 3S, Fasst Rx
Vibe 50 RL53, MP5 SB, Edge 603mm, 3 x s9252, s9452, DS650, Spartan DS760, ATG V3, Fasst Rx
murp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-14-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
canadianshark74

Congrats on the flips. I know the feeling. I started doing them in June.
What a rush. They look so good stationary.
canadianshark74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
murp
RCC Senior Contributor

Yeah, they look awesome stationary - especially if you get a good one in and it actually doesn't lose any height. They other nice thing about learning flips is that you can begin to pause for a few seconds to begin learning inverted hovering.

So what trick are you working on now?

murp
MAAC #75849
Vibe 50 RL53, MP5 SB, Edge 603mm, 3 x s9252, s9452, DS650, Spartan DS760, ATG V3, Fasst Rx
Old 10-15-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
Rob
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Rob

I have been talking to canadaian shark a bit on msn and he said he has been trying piro flips. thats a little to far away for me yet but i have gottin nose in inverted ok now ill be trying tail in and see how that goes maybe some inverted flight next.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
murp
RCC Senior Contributor

What is a piro flip?

I was thinking of working on inverted nose-in hovering after I practice the flips some more - seems like a natural progression. I was also thinking that stationary aileron flips wouldn't be too bad to try next either.

murp
MAAC #75849
Old 10-15-2006, 05:30 PM   #6
canadianshark74

I have been hovering inverted, nose in for a few months now.

I am getting a little brave and trying piro flips.

Starting inverted nose in, fliping it up and adding rudder.
I can get it around once, but to keep it going is going to take lots of practice.

I just don't have the time.
canadianshark74 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
tskca
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Ken Lee
Radio of choice:
JR 28X

Total Props: 4
You guys are doing great, congratulations!

Develop your skills with respects to all orientations. So do elevator flips both forwards and backwards; stationary rols to the left and to the right, correcting all with all controls throughout the rolls and flips. Do them with the heli facing tail in and out and to the left and to the right. When you have the stationary rolls "perfect", do sideways inside and outside loops. Then combine the two to do vertical "8s".

Learn to control the heli in sideways flight and piro circuits both upright and inverted before attempting piro-flips. then of course, piro to the left and the right and then on to piro loops and globes........ it's endless.

Ken
tskca is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:08 PM   #8
BladeMonger

Yeah, the combinations are endless. I have been playing around with inverted and working on little things like tic tocs, and flips as well. I agree with murp, getting a simulator has been a great help in getting my groove back.

D.
BladeMonger is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:14 PM   #9
Northern Heli

Flips

Congrats on successfully attempting the flips! I knew you could do it! I find that the stationary aileron rolls are really about the same as the stationary flips. Pretty easy to do just like the flips except for the direction. Once you've got the idea of neg. pitch when the heli goes inverted the rolls will come naturally. I told you the heli is capable of these manouvers! Keep us up to date on your progress. Great work, and god luck! Hopefully you won't need to talk to me too much (you know what I mean!)
John
Northern Heli is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
murp
RCC Senior Contributor

Thanks John, and everyone for your interest - I will be sure to post when I do my next maneuver.

I am very pleased with the X400 thus far - I never really tried to push it until recently. It is a very precise flyer, great control and agile IMO. I know that all the effort I put into building this thing is paying off - I took my time to clean off the flashing and made sure that everything ran smooth before I ever dropped any electronics in it. It is a great heli, every bit as good as other 400 size helis.

Cheers, murp

P.S. John, I am sure we will talk soon - otherwise I am not trying hard enough
MAAC #75849
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in