kip51035
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Cliff S
Radio of choice:
Hitec, Futaba - FM
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 18
YS .91 4S help!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
a little over three years ago I purchased a Y&S .91 4S (supercharged) engine off of ebay. It is in really good shape. I finally got around to running it today. I wanted to set it up before I put it in an aircraft. I was using 4s fuel 15% nitro and a fox R/C plug. It vibrates pretty good at full throttle, I got the mid range set and the low speed. It has a very low idle and good transition all the way up, BUT at 1/3rd throttle there is bubbles in the line from the regulator to the carb and if I leave it there the engine loads up and goes quite rich. Every where else it runs perfect. Has anyone mounted one of these on one of those shock absorbing mounts? Do they help or make things worse?

Kip
kip51035 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #2
Ron Kennedy
RCC Apprentice

I am: Ron K
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0
Re: YS .91 4S help!

The YS was one of the strongest of the engines in that range that we used in our pattern ships a few years back.
On later models of the YS they used darker fuel line so people wouldn't see the bubbles.
I was told that it is normal.
If you can't get it to lean out a bit at 1 to 1-1/2 turns out on the main needle then you probably have the pump set too rich.
The soft mount- such as the Hyde mount- will make a huge difference to your servo and battery life,as they don't have to fight to hold neutral against the vibration set up by that much power.
The airframe will last longer as well. Good luck
They also like 20-25% fuel and a good 4-stroke plug.

Last edited by Ron Kennedy; 08-02-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Ron Kennedy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:44 AM   #3
ss40a
RCC Contributor

I am: Sheena M

Total Props: 0
Re: YS .91 4S help!

OS F plug!
They do OK on 15%
ss40a is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in