Worried about pranging the raptor, so......... - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #1
great white

Total Props: 0
Worried about pranging the raptor, so.........

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
REcently, I just started up in rc and heli's.

I bought a raptor 30 from a friend and it's done up pretty nice (CF blades, gy401, etc).

I was worried about smashing her in short order, so I bought realflight to build up some skills. Getting decent on the sim, but I felt the need for a micro that could be crashed and repaired cheaply in order to get a better feel for real world action.

So I just picked up a used blade cp pro for 80 bucks, rtf except for some tuning/tweaking.

Just ordered some superskids to go with it and soon I'll be terrorizing the office/garage/back yard.....................

Think Ive got a good plan?

Last edited by great white; 07-01-2008 at 07:56 PM.
great white is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #2
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Michel G

Total Props: 12
Re: Worried about pranging the raptor, so.........

Hi

You must learn too crawl before you walk , the main point is that you are not rushing it , and the fact that you have a plan .stepping back is a step foreward , and the fact that you like the plan is good . Are you haveing fun ?

Thats all that really counts

Michel
ARF P-51 40 TF-P51 Giant KIT
TopFite P-51 Giant ARF X 3
Hanger 9 SpitFire 60 ARF X2
TopFlite Elder-40 ( on the board )
Aero Works 540 T -60
The Ground came up and hit my plane
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
Jiver
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Gordon
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX9 BE, DX3R & DX3S
# of RCs: 30

Total Props: 3

You are on the right track! Keep at the SIM and practice, practice, practice, until you get bored, and then, practice, practice, practice, some more...

RC: Nitro and Electric Helicopters, Planes, Cars, and Trucks; Non-RC: Ballroom Dance and Fencing!

MAAC 77725
Jiver is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #4
cassat
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics Aquila,Taranis,DX7
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 11

Yeah, that heli will deter you from the proper flying skills . All due to the correct tail rotor
speeds and torque. Sorry, but you wasted a bit of money. Better to get a CopterX or TRex
clone with some better headspeeds....or just save the funds and use the Sim
Not bashing, just trying to save you some funds and have more fun
cassat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #5
great white

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassat View Post
Yeah, that heli will deter you from the proper flying skills . All due to the correct tail rotor
speeds and torque. Sorry, but you wasted a bit of money. Better to get a CopterX or TRex
clone with some better headspeeds....or just save the funds and use the Sim
Not bashing, just trying to save you some funds and have more fun
That's cool, I don't think you're bashing. Thanks for the reply.

Could you explain a little more in detail how the littel cp is not a good choice and a waste of money?

Is it due to being "twitchier" because of the light weight? wehn you say tail rotor speeds and torque, do you mena it'll give me the wrong feel or expectations when I fire up the raptor?

Just trying to learn.

Well, I was also looking for something I could fly inside the house/office for a little stress relief/distraction/wintertime fun.........................
great white is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:53 AM   #6
G-copterbous-funk
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: John Appleseed

Price wise a micro will be cheaper to crash, however the bigger 30 machine will be less twitchy and easier to control, especially so in the wind. You selected a very good beginner machine and the gyro will serve you well. Crashes on a raptor are not that expensive should you buy the TT crash kit, plus you'll likely have parts left over as they have lots of stuff included. The electrics require batteries to fly, charge time, plus more equipment and with consideration to training session length glow fuel is better, (fuel and fly).

Since you asked I'd suggest stay with what you have and advance cautiously. I know many flyers who have advanced into aerobatics without a crash. The simulator along with careful and steady advancment will really make things easy for you. Have an experienced flyer take the machine up for a check out and coach you on your first flight or two. You'll be surprised how quickly you catch on to hovering after coming from a competent simulator hovering situation.

Stephen
G-copterbous-funk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in