rcstraat
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Ingo
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 0
Question Savage X/ Flux

Hey Guys, I been talking to a guy and he"s telling me to upgrade my axle cups and dogbones to the flux cups and dogbones.
He's saying its alot stronger parts on the Flux then the savage X. Also he's saying to change the crown and the pinions to the Flux ones...
Make sense???
rcstraat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
timsted
RCC Apprentice

I am: Tim S
Radio of choice:
futaba
# of RCs: 20+

Re: Savage X/ Flux

yes, the flux dogbones and cups are a size bigger, so there is a less likely chance of breaking them. the ring and pinion are a bit stronger, but the biggest benefit of using the flux set is the 8x16 bearing on the ring side. now, there is a new ring and pinion, called the bulletproof diff, it has way bigger gears, but the ratio is changed, so you need to do both diffs. also, if you want to go wider, get the savage xl axles, they add about an inch to the truck.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
lil joe
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsted View Post
yes, the flux dogbones and cups are a size bigger, so there is a less likely chance of breaking them. the ring and pinion are a bit stronger, but the biggest benefit of using the flux set is the 8x16 bearing on the ring side. now, there is a new ring and pinion, called the bulletproof diff, it has way bigger gears, but the ratio is changed, so you need to do both diffs. also, if you want to go wider, get the savage xl axles, they add about an inch to the truck.
I agree. I put extended tvps on my savvy with xl diffs,cups,axles,dogbones and pinions. I run an LRP.28spec3 and the last 2 times I ran I blew my front pinion apart both times(not even 1 tank of fuel) I hear great stuff about bullet prooff diffs,thats my next step if I dnt sell my savvy. Only dwn side to bp diffs is price,bout $100 to do front and back. Hope this helps ya
Old 12-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
rcstraat
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Smile Re: Savage X/ Flux

Yes for sure, this helps alot! Now who is willing to make a parts conversion list for me and others to come?
Basicly :

Part# + Discription:.......... Quantity:........... Price:.........

Now im planning on upgrading everything to Integy Suspension..
Should I be upgrading these also to integy if available, i prefer so...
Maybe give me the part # from Integy would help me more I think!!
Old 12-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
lil joe
RCC Contributor

If I get a chance later tday I will make ya up a list. I suggest for now,just drive the truck,get to know it and you upgrade parts as you break them. The Savage X is a well built and tuff truck to start with. Its when you start upgrading to more power and bigger tires and so on, then this is the time ---- starts to break. I drove my stock savvy for 1year and didnt break a thing until I started playin with my OS.30vg and LRP.28spec3. I also installed the high speed 3rd gear too,anoth thing that started to break ---- was the 3speed tranny because of the xtra torque in 1st. The savage is a tuff beast
Also do some research on your integity parts,they dont have the best rep for part fitment and quality. Keep plastic on a-arms,not alum. Alum is for shelf queens IMO. Plastic can flex and take a beating.If you want durability,go RPM plastic parts wherever you can,they also come in diff colours or white to dye.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
lil joe
RCC Contributor

I ended up buyin a complete Savage xl for about $250,took parts I wanted and sold the eng,tranny,body and othewr parts to cover the cost,worked out pretty good. The next thing I will be gettin is BP diffs and pinions.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #7
Nitro Newf
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Jamie H
Radio of choice:
DX3R
# of RCs: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil joe View Post
I agree. I put extended tvps on my savvy with xl diffs,cups,axles,dogbones and pinions. I run an LRP.28spec3 and the last 2 times I ran I blew my front pinion apart both times(not even 1 tank of fuel) I hear great stuff about bullet prooff diffs,thats my next step if I dnt sell my savvy. Only dwn side to bp diffs is price,bout $100 to do front and back. Hope this helps ya
The SH/LRP .28 Spec 3 is a bit too much power for a stock Savage. I have a friend that put the SH .28 6-Port(The LRP Spec 3 is a SH 8-Port) in a Savage and it ripped everything apart. The Bullet proof diffs did help him. He never broke another diff. Now he is breaking dogbones. He was going to upgrade the rest, but he found it cheaper to put in the SH 3-Port.
PKZ ICON A5 - HZ SUPER CUB (BL)
Nitro Newf is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
nathanraina
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nate
Radio of choice:
Tactic TTX240 2-Channel 2.4GHz

the only integy parts woth buying is the rear tie rod eliminators and the front steering block other then that stay away from them. alum bends where plastic will flex and come back to its original shape. when adding alum always remember to leave a braking point. pick a cheaper part and keep it plastic most guys will agree the A arms are a great braking point there very cheep to replace. as for upgrading all at once if you can swing it go for it. most ppl upgrade as the brack the X is a great truck and will go along time before needing major work. converting an X - XL can get expensive as the XL comes with the heavy duty dog bones and BP diffs and the longer A arms are nice. i would suggest finding a XL roller and take the parts out you want and then part out the rest that might be the cheapest way of going about it. unless you can find the parts cheep. but hey that's just my $.02
nathanraina is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:06 PM   #9
rcstraat
RCC Junior Contributor

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

right now im bidding on ebay... trying to get the xl 5.9 axles..
1 hours left on the item so lets hope my $20 will take it lol
Uhm, so the flux dogbones are the same as the xl dogbones right?
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers Club
www.extremercforum.com
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #10
nathanraina
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nate
Radio of choice:
Tactic TTX240 2-Channel 2.4GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcstraat View Post
right now im bidding on ebay... trying to get the xl 5.9 axles..
1 hours left on the item so lets hope my $20 will take it lol
Uhm, so the flux dogbones are the same as the xl dogbones right?
there the same ends not the same length the XL has longer A arms and longer dog bones if you get the XL dog bones you will need XL length A arms to match.
nathanraina is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in