finally a awesome track in MUSKOKA! - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Old 10-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #11
ptv83
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Talking Re: finally a awesome track in MUSKOKA!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
yeah you can drive anything you want on it.

there's a guy who drives an even slower vehicle on it. i wont say who, or what he drives on it(may identify him, you never know if people get embarrased or not). it does look silly in the super wide 1/5 scale lanes being 1/10scal and only doing 10kmh full out.(and even he admits)

BUT clods(and bullheads) are classics! plus if you got more than 1 its awesome, since you can race them with each other.

it'll stretch the track out from an actual centerline length of 0.51km long to an even longer scale length. something like the nurenburgring in germany... but offroad

heck i'd race one with you for sure, that's all driver skill to win there. and i bet quite enjoyable with all 4!

...too bad the weather's crap., and going back to crap again next weekend again.

EDIT: i'd be curious to see how well they'd work on the snow/ice track that they're gonna make this winter.
EDIT,, whoops, 3 .. not 4 i thought i read 3 more. (so 1+3=4) .. o well, cheers.

cheers, eh!
Phil.

www.MuskokaMadtraX.com

Last edited by ptv83; 10-31-2010 at 01:57 AM.
ptv83 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:57 AM   #12
Muskoka's SuperClodBuster

Re: finally a awesome track in MUSKOKA!

Thanks for the info Phil. I have the Clodbuster and SuperClodbuster of which I just purchased last month through GreatHobbies.com. I also have the BullHead. I've posted photos in ClodBuster Rigs topic. I also have a very big scale of a Volkswagon RaceCar
powered by two 7.2 volt battery packs. But is only good on ashphalt with the foam tires it has Luckily enough we have a circle driveway that is mostly paved,so lots of area.
The back tires alone are about the same height of the Clod tires. BTW Have you ever tried a truck with four wheel steering? Just curious if you ever have.
I will be replacing the mechanical speed control on my first Clod as it is very old and it gave off smoke as I tested it out for two seconds on the bench over a month ago as it has not been run for four or five years. So I will get a replacement controller through GreatHobbies, Gotta love that electronic burning smell though you'll get high off of it. I had this first Red Clod since 1989 and has been well taken care of through out the years. I have a spare set of Clod tires so I can put all eight on the truck but it puts more stress on the gears. I also have lots of plastic spare chrome and black Clod parts in the tool chest. I was first prize winner of this truck at the Huntsville Fall Fair when I was seventeen. This was before it was painted red.

Thanks

Last edited by Muskoka's SuperClodBuster; 10-31-2010 at 09:18 AM.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:10 PM   #13
ptv83
RCC Apprentice

YES, i have driven a (non-crawler/high speed) RC with 4 wheel steer, heck i drove a 6x6 with 6wheel steer too very fun to make it crab at 55mph! looks halarious!!! hehe lol.

anyhow, if you've got a speed controller issue and are buying parts anyways, ever think about doing either a brushless conversion or a entire electronics replacement with a new twin 8.4v brushed system?

cheers, eh.
Phil.

just looked at the pics. the bullès are still as lovely as i remember them being!

www.muskokamadtrax.com

Old 10-31-2010, 04:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptv83 View Post
YES, i have driven a (non-crawler/high speed) RC with 4 wheel steer, heck i drove a 6x6 with 6wheel steer too very fun to make it crab at 55mph! looks halarious!!! hehe lol.

anyhow, if you've got a speed controller issue and are buying parts anyways, ever think about doing either a brushless conversion or a entire electronics replacement with a new twin 8.4v brushed system?

cheers, eh.
Phil.

just looked at the pics. the bullès are still as lovely as i remember them being!

www.muskokamadtrax.com
Yes I have thought about electronic ESC and entire system but I understand it can be pretty expensive,
after reading everything at rcmt.net from other members. I was interested in Tamiya TXT-1 Monster truck, but their way up in the $500.00 range. If I could find that one for less I'll be happy.

Regards
Dan
Old 11-01-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
ptv83
RCC Apprentice

i can only recommend good quality value priced esc from either ezrun, xerun or Hobbyking you'd be looking at under a $100 with shipping for a new brushless motor and esc.

used all the big brands and unless you're running high in the points for a major championship, there's no need to pay hugely marked up prices... of course if you were it would all be free anyways.

take leopard motors, new brand of motor that looks exactly like the ones from neu/castle creations/HPI-Tork/Flux ..for a VERY good reason. leopard's been making brushless motors and components in china for years. now they're selling them direct.

servo's were always traditionally this case, a bluebird metal gear super heavy duty servo for $20 from hongkong can be found being sold under any big name for over $150 domesticly in your LHS.. in one case i even found one in a refurbished losi 8ight with the bluebird labelled wiring used. the servo was aftermarket and was a big name brand. i can't recal which but was on the shelf at ideal hobbies for wel over $100 and was $129 at greathobbies.com. later checking online had confirmed it was the same damn servo.
.. these days i only buy turnigy/hobbyking rebadged bluebird servos when i'm buying new lipo packs.(gotta bulk order and save on shipping!)

... but now that i went on and rambled, if you went from the 27T brushed motors that are stock on the clod to anything quicker and i think it would roll instantly. they're really top heavy.

as for the TXT-1, isn't tha a bit out of date, and for $500 that's steep!! (rip off territory). only $429 NEW from tamiyausa.com
a good USED TXT-1 in good condition should be about $50-$200 depending on the year it was made, the wear and tear on the bearings and othe moving parts and condition/life left in the electronics,
highly upgraded USED TXT-1 $300-$550 MAXIMUM.. and that would have to be one crazy hopped up ride.
.. but it's like a general truck that is often classed as a crawler. but it's not.. it's a bad racer and a bad crawler. but a better racer than a crawler and a better crawler than a racer.

.. in otherwords it's another clod. (and often called 'clod' in forums).

if you're looking to run at the track, even just casually bashing around on it and then working your way into club races later on (very rewarding). then i'd rather get a HPI savage Flux for the same $450-$500 range. since it comes with a (FM)controller, is 1/8 scale and is brushless ready-to-run on NiMH/NiCD or LiPo/Life

for something different than a monster truck and value priced i'd think about a
Team Assosiated SC10 or traxxas slash(waterproof).. both are 2wd with 2.4ghz RTR for dirt cheap.. under $300 with accesories. visit jason up at the track and talk to him to see what kind of deal he can get you.(gotta love local hobby shops. they appreciate the business more than a faceless website and treat you right), they come in lucus oil and makita/rockstar energy drinks, amoung other body schemes. and can be easily upgraded to brushless in the future very easily with standard 3rd party products or their own.

OR go nitro. cheaper initial cost, but fuel aint cheap. on the other hand, you can just fill the tank and go, no charging batteries... but you have to know how to maintain it.

.. anyhow, if you're looking to buy a vehicle to run at the track, i'd look at 1/8 scale truggy or if you like the look of the trucks then a muggy. The track is too big for most 1/10 scale stuff, with the exception of good durable chassis with brushless systems(60kmh+ and able to take a hard landing over and over.. why i recommend a short course truck, they seem to do well).

cheer, eh.
Phil.
*3:24am.. i'm off to bed!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:48 PM   #16

Thanks for all the info Phil. I like the Stock Clods and the Centurion's and the TXT's. Their is a Centurion Usa-1 at rcmt.net that is very nice and another one with all the details of a real monstertruck that you would not believe including a seat with blower straps. Allot of fine detail went into it with gas and brake pedals. These guys at rcmt.net do amazing work.
I don't know if you ever herd of these guy' below.

http://www.crawfordperformanceengineering.com/

Dan
Old 12-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #17

I'm also in the process of purchasing this GroundPounder truck next year sometime.

http://www.rufaster.com/groundpounder.aspx

But most likely will purchase it from Brett Crawford
at this link
http://www.crawfordperformanceengine...uck-p-193.html

if nobody is selling it within Canada. It includes four different driving modes
with the help of a three channel radio, So everything is RTR. Brett will also throw in a few extra spare parts.

Last edited by Muskoka's SuperClodBuster; 12-02-2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #18

BTW if anyone want's to buy a SuperClodBuster from their local hobbystore I suggest you do it now because Tamiya Japan has discontinued in manufacturing the Blue Clod. So if you want one get it from your retailer now. The Special Metallic Plated Edition is still available though with ESC but more expensive. I assume they will be making changes to the Blue SuperClod with a ESC instead of the MSC. But then again why revamp the Blue Clod when you already have the Metallic Plated Edition out with ESC.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58423

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58321

Last edited by Muskoka's SuperClodBuster; 12-02-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
RCtori
RCC Apprentice

I am: tori
# of RCs: 5

will they have the track open for winter?

thanks Tori
RCtori is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:21 AM   #20
ptv83
RCC Apprentice

Arrow Re: finally a awesome track in MUSKOKA!

YES!

I've already finished the tire chains for the rental slashes, though the track will be packed and groomed so hard compound dirt pin type tires will work actually quite well, pro-line badland XTR will work very well as well... i've put mud guards and tire chains on my HPI Vorza and will be running 3S 11.1v instead of the usual 6S 22.2V.

I used tire chains on my old 2wd nitros for the winter before and they work awesome, and easy to make, $10 of jack chain from cdn tire and 1hr of time while watching some tv.

1:8 Buggy and 1:10 SC (2.2") tires are usually 18links round and 3 across... never made any for truggies or MT's. Studded tires will NOT be allowed for safety reasons... studs commonly turn ballistic.

Looks like probably next week he'll start on the track construction. all the rain kinda messed things up a bit.

the snow track will be on the parking lot side of the drivers stand so you'll still have 45' of space up top to use while driving.

I just finished making the adverts for the winter track rates, here's a page copy(since i've yet to update the website yet):

Not on the atachment is a single day price for car owners, it's $10for a day pass if you have your own car/truck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	broucher.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	372.4 KB
ID:	94185

1yr Memberships (single and family) can be bought on the website thru paypal, he doesn't have debit or CC at the moment in the hobby shop (and likely wont until May), so stop at a cash machine before you visit.

(yes i'll be adding the new 1month memberships to the website as well.. memberships will get you discounts on the club race series all year long, and track access 24/7... security and license plate cameras keep everyone honest)

I'll be going up there this week with him to kinda make a rough draft of the track layout with him, any idea's you want thrown into he brainstorming session?? (maybe i should make a seperate thread on the winter track.)

Cheers, eh!
Phil

Tags
huntsville , madtrax , muskoka

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in