Tire alternatives. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Clubs, RC Tracks, Events & Bashing meets Radio Control Clubs in Canada Radio Control Offroad & Onroad Tracks. RC Car Races, Events & RC Bashing Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
rcj
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Tire alternatives.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The Schumacher blue/yellow mini-spikes/mini-pins truck/buggy tires have a lot of grip and will last a loooong time at Fastcats. I wonder how they will perform at Sid's this year. Can't wait for the new season to start!

Running them got me looking at alternatives to the Bowties/Holeshots which are great but they don't last very long. Are there any other truck/buggy tires with good grip AND wear for Sid's this year?

I found these 4.0" outer diameter truck tires which should be good for wear, not sure about traction:
http://imexrc.com/detail.aspx?ID=725
rcj is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
johnnyboy
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John Summach

I don't think the Schumacher tires will work at Sid's. Too hard. I have run Losi X-3000's with good results and the new J Concepts Goosebump tire looks like it could be a winner. My Bowties were usually pretty good for a few race weekends though. We will have to wait and see how the new dirt turns out as well. It may change things....

"Almost Live Race Coverage": www.johnnyboy.ca

"Finding Your Dream Home":www.burlingtonliving.ca
johnnyboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
imported_stewart
RCC Contributor

Hey John

Hey John i need to get ahold of you sent you a pm with my phone numbers. I need that stuff almost ready to try her out.
imported_stewart is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:51 AM   #4
samboneecanada
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Sean H

spin

Spinning tires wear faster than those who don't spin 'em! it's funny but seriously people who are trigger happy usually buy tires more often.

I have had Bow ties work well and last a respectable amount of time. another idea is the silver ifmar pins (practice) or studs and then Reds for racing.
samboneecanada is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #5
aer52
RCC Apprentice

I am: Andre R.

Hi guys,

I was at Fastcats yesterday and I saw they had the staggered rib front tires on the shelf...... any opinions on those for front grip on 2wd buggies? I remember Losi having staggered rib tires back in the day and they seemed to work well..... however the schumachers that i saw are probably are hard compound.
aer52 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

For carpet, the Staggered Ribs (yellow compound) work great on the front of the 2wd Buggy.
For carpet, the Mini Pins (blue compound) work great on the rear.

I would doubt that either one of these tires would work well outdoor in the dirt though...
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #7
Chet
RCC Contributor

On hard packed dry dirt like sids was last year the softer tire will always work better then a harder tire. Went I was at fast cats this year I wasn't use to harder tire beening better because its the opposite of dirt. The only time a harder tire worked for me was when the dirt is loose or really wet. The time frame I raced as a kid was the start of Pro-lines xt,xtr,m2,m3. The m3 was always better on dry hard packed dirt. I trick I learned from the old m3 fuzzie days. Run the tires one battery one way then turn them around. They will wear alot more even.
Chet is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in