ILOVEFASTBOATS
RCC Noob

I am: Vince B
Radio of choice:
FUTABA
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 0
Question Online Shopping

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Where is the best place to shop online for RC vehicles & parts? I don't shop online very much and I've heard of a couple places like AMain. Buying batteries from the states has changed from what I hear now. I was looking at Hobby Hobby and they don't look too bad, price wise for some stuff.
Thanks.
ILOVEFASTBOATS is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
ILOVEFASTBOATS
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
FUTABA

Re: Online Shopping

Anyone??
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
4wdmt
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joel D

Total Props: 8

US side. I buy from amain and tower. Never had any problems with all the orders i made from them. Not to mention the extra discounts you get when you spend X amount on your order.

Locally, I order from great hobbies. They ship free now with 100 or more on your order.

Any particular stuff you plan on ordering?
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
ILOVEFASTBOATS
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
FUTABA

I was looking at motor/esc combos, tires/wheels, cooling fans. I was on the Hobby Hobby
site, and their prices didn't seem too bad. I was looking at a Futaba radio and they were $20 cheaper. The motor/esc combo I was looking at was $25 cheaper than the actual site price. Maybe X-mas sale prices? Some of the stuff is the same price.
With the US sites, do you have to worry about duty? I have a few sites bookmarked that I use for references, but the prices aren't much different than my LHS. My LHS has a slow order system on some stuff and I've been to other stores that have stuff in stock sitting on the shelves. Just getting tired of only shopping at one place.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #5
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Canada check great hobbies and hobby wholesale.

I also buy from Amain sometimes but the shipping sometimes makes it almost equal in price, only when you buy a certain amount do the discounts kick in and help out.

There is not duty on hobby items but there is a brokerage fee and you still have to pay HST. If you use USPS/Canada Post as the shipping company the brokerage fee is usually $10 or less, it's sometimes waived for items under $100. NEVER use a courier company for shipping, UPS is the worst and sometimes you'll pay $30 brokerage on a $50 item...
Snowcat: 1 Kyosho Blizzard (electric)
Snowmobiles: 2 x Polaris (toy grade), art attack electric
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
ILOVEFASTBOATS
RCC Noob

Radio of choice:
FUTABA

I' ve been on a couple fo these sites, but I've noticed some of the Canadian sites aren't the easiest to navigate through and find stuff.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdmt View Post
US side. I buy from amain and tower. Never had any problems with all the orders i made from them. Not to mention the extra discounts you get when you spend X amount on your order.

Locally, I order from great hobbies. They ship free now with 100 or more on your order.

Any particular stuff you plan on ordering?
I see you are in Brampton, Great Hobbies has a store in Mississauga.

Big Boys also has a website, but I think you are best off phoning GH, Big Boys, or Hobby Hobby if you want parts.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #8
4wdmt
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Joel D

Total Props: 8

Moo, I ordered from GH when I was heavily into monster trucks. That was around 3 to 4 years ago. Back then, they only have PEI and Edmonton stores. I haven't visited the Mississauga store yet.

I go directly to Hobby Hobby when I am in a hurry to get parts. Prices are not bad. I just think of it as the difference in US to Canadian dollar convertion.

That is one of my gripe too ILUVFASTBOATS. Great Hobbies and Hobby Hobby website are not the best when it comes to online shopping.

Now that I am more into helis. I buy from Rotorquest. Website is easy to navigate. Up to date parts stock inventory. Free shipping for more than $100 and discounts when holidays come.
4wdmt is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
Redwings
RCC Apprentice

I am: Paul
Radio of choice:
SpectrumDX3
# of RCs: 3

I usually hit the online shops in Hong Kong if I'm buying a lot of items. otherwise for the small purchases i'll go local. The shipping from Hong Kong is reasonable and no taxes. Here are a few site i go too: rcmushroom.com rcmart.com hobbyking.com

Hope this helps
Redwings is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Zrock
RCC Apprentice

I am: Brian D

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwings View Post
I usually hit the online shops in Hong Kong if I'm buying a lot of items. otherwise for the small purchases i'll go local. The shipping from Hong Kong is reasonable and no taxes. Here are a few site i go too: rcmushroom.com rcmart.com hobbyking.com

Hope this helps
Also the shops in the UK where the shipping is reasonable.. parts usually are to me in about 6 working days... witch is pretty good concidering if i order things from Canada shops it takes 5 working days
Zrock is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in