Realistic Value for S Connie CF-TGE has been estimated.. - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #21
brad-a
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Typical backhanded way Canadian Business and Gov. does things

It's been purchased by the Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington.
"Air Canada has promised to paint it first before it comes here," said Dennis Parks, the museum's senior curator. "We're hoping to put it back in the original TCA colours."
brad-a is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:37 PM   #22
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Still dosen't make sence when we have Museum here in TO to restore it and keep it here where it belongs specially where it spent its life flying, why let anyone else have it ....its our piece and part of Heritage....
Old 02-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #23
TLyttle
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Terry L

Total Props: 7
Connie

Please don't question my pride in Canada, I get just as angry as anyone when we sell out our heritage for yankee cash. I get just as angry when we outsource jobs to the US, or sell another resource/business/anything else in the interest of pure monetary greed. We are as guilty, as sellers, as are the buyers, regardless of which country the Canadiana is sold to. The Stranraer spent all its life in BC (as far as I know), but away it went for a couple of thousand dollars/pounds/yen/whatever.

I will indeed write to a local Conservative (Stockboy Day), but I don't expect great things...
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #24
Seafury
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Greg P
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: ~

You get angry when anyone with cash shows up.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #25
Seafury
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Greg P
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: ~

And if you think this is bad all of the CP hotels were just sold to a Saudi. Next time you stay at the Banff Springs you'll be supporting terrorist training camps.

Nothing is sacred. And if you did not get that message from the Liberals you have not paid attention. Remember while you might blame the Conservatives for the loss of this aircraft as one member put it the horse has already left the barn. The airplane is better off in the hands of those that will restore it and put it inside.

Yep Stephen harper has been Prime Minister for less than 24 hrs and look how bad he's doing already.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:04 AM   #26
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Air Canada Retiress dont want this to happen either......

In reality Air Canada Retiress are also tring to stop this from happening!!,

Check out the link below:

http://www.conniesurvivors.com/1-connie_news.htm

Its clear now that No one who have any attachment to this aircraft wants this to be moved to US...
Old 02-07-2006, 12:39 AM   #27
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

I must say though Sammy, I am capable of reading the threads I choose. I don't need you to PM me to tell me to do the same. I have more important crap to worry about than this plane. It is a shame, but I don't have the cash to fix it. As it stands, the only way to get anything done these days is find a way to get them to the states to get the help they need.

I feel bad to see anything that is "Canadian" being bought up. HBC is now owned by an American. I can only hope he will not ruin it, and get rid of that heritage. It may save the company. And I'm sure the museum in Seattle will take care of the Connie. And, as a plus, it will be only 4 hours from my house, instead of the 36 or so it is now.

I have a hard time thinking our way is the best way. I'm not all rara american, but you have to wonder sometimes.

Please don't PM me unless you have a private question Sammy. Glad to see your committed, just don't start being a spammer.

Mike
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #28
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

This Thread is being watched by Toronto Muesum Officials...

Hi Mike,

Its ok bro if you dont wanna be part of this and not being supportive its your call, you wont be hearing anymore from me on this support process. All i am saying, we have to get our voice out to right people, you never know who is watching this...all i am doing is tring to get people incouraged in this, and only guys i Pmed are the ones i have interacted before in one way or other in past or my friends....Thanks for your time Mike (Canhos).

Cheers,
Sammy
Old 02-07-2006, 09:53 AM   #29
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Air Canada ""PIONAIRS""

As mentioned earlier that Air Canada's retiree comittee is also trying to stop this move from happening here is the link for all on this site to see it:

http://www.canadiansuperconnie.org

http://www.canadiansuperconnie.org/p...nada-cftge.pdf
Old 02-07-2006, 11:34 AM   #30
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Recent article in Toronto Star about this move of Super Constillation to Washinton....if you look even there is sceptical about the way this lady is trying to stop people from knowing whats going on and taking its pictures....

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=969483202845

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in