1/5 Scale Savy in the making - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
hyper7man

Total Props: 0
1/5 Scale Savy in the making

My friend savage steve is in the process of buying a regular savage from savage_25_2004. We had the crazy idea to make an exact replica of the savage 1/5th scale! I have the rendering and CNC software ast home, and my buddy steve has a CNC at his house (his garage has everything ) so now we are making a revised version of the savage, with all of the parts blown up. the main custom parts are:

Carbon Fiber TVP's (we are testing out different lengths and widths and heights to see whats good (stability, durability, low center of gravity, and lightness))

Built-in roll cage (will be able to come off with unscrewing it form tvp's/ chassis)
Aluminum skid-plates
Aluminum motor mounts
Carbon firber servo tray/tranny tray
Aluminum Upper and lower Arms
Aluminum rims
Custom water-proof reciever/eclectronics box
Aluminum Front and rear bumpers

Our goal is for this thing to be wicked fast, light for its size, very durable, and our budget is $1500.

Plus, when you read the rast of this you will freak out...

The powerhouse for our rc is a 9 (let me repeat) 9hp 2-stroke Honda go-kart engine (NIB) so I will keep everyone posted and try to post pics ASAP. (no i will not post my rendering files lol, its top secert, i could show you, but then ill have to kill you :P

lol...have fun thinking about ideas..

please add imput on how to improve things...
hyper7man is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
imported_lunytune
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: James G

New Era all ready has a 1:5th scale savage conversion, and you can install the Thunder Tiger PRO-70BX(R) (11.49 cc's) motor in it with ease, but you still need titanum tranny gears because that engine is to powerfull for the stock tranny. How are you going to keep the tranny in one piece with a 9hp 2-stroke Honda go-kart engine?

My photo album
imported_lunytune is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:28 PM   #3
hyper7man

there is no tranny, we are making our own belt/gear drive system, still in the making, i know there is a conversion kit, but this is a full blown out custom (its funner lol) we really havent hit that issue really, but we should... these next 2 weeks the project is at a stand still because of exams...but after next wednesday, its back on track

IM shure there is something out there that can handle this beast of a motor, if not, we will down-size the engine, but we really wanna drop this into it...it would literally hit 100mph...how sick is that for a 1/5 off road rc?

there are 8 biking shocks on this beast, they work perfectly...
Old 01-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #4
hyper7man

when/if our project is complete, a second one will be made (so both os us will have one )
Old 01-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

what is keeping it a savage other then u guys like the stand up chassis ? sounds to me like a full on coustom . what r u guys gona use for suspention ?
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #6
ayk_driver
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew C
Radio of choice:
Old School FM... Futaba mainly
# of RCs: 5+

for what ur about to pay for c/f sheets u mite as well buy alum. like 6061 or 7075... its gonna be cheaper... easier to cut and easier on u when its cutting...

i would suggest staying away from belt drive... one small pebble and ur done... go all gear or chain drive....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in