How does this fit in with the MAAC Safety Code - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #11
volksman
RCC Master Contributor

I am: robert j

Total Props: 16

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
the last comment i will make concerning maac . the byro person is talking about the safety code. my post was in my opinion correct if its not on a maac feild with out permission. the code applys to maac feilds clubs etc. I can do as i please assuming my own risks anywhere one sees fit. the safety code does not apply. this is the second time he has posted concerning safety and the safety code. first was about the heli on the tv show ya cant force maac on anyone. My concern is the president should step up and moderate this form himself and correct the posts on the board not directing me to.
volksman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #12
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by volksman
the last comment i will make concerning maac . the byro person is talking about the safety code. my post was in my opinion correct if its not on a maac feild with out permission. the code applys to maac feilds clubs etc. I can do as i please assuming my own risks anywhere one sees fit. the safety code does not apply. this is the second time he has posted concerning safety and the safety code. first was about the heli on the tv show ya cant force maac on anyone. My concern is the president should step up and moderate this form himself and correct the posts on the board not directing me to.
I'll prolly start a pie fight on this one but if this is the second time, perhaps you should not presume so much when it comes to quoting MAAC safety policies. I would imagine MR. Barllow stays out of posting on this site for very good and obvious reasons.
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #13
volksman
RCC Master Contributor

pie fight started. Mr barlow could have clearly corrected the matter himself.

Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by volksman
pie fight started. Mr barlow could have clearly corrected the matter himself.
But he didn't write the post.
PTA Hobbies
Old 10-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
volksman
RCC Master Contributor

free country im keeping my opinions to myself from now on you do the same hillman. im not being chastized by the president of a national organization he could have handled the situation in many different ways.
this is not a maac website as far as i know. he can im the rest of the people and straighten them out.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:18 PM   #16
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Sorry I hadn't meant to be quite so offensive.
PTA Hobbies
Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 PM   #17
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

Don't jump on Richard now.

He's always checking the forums, and I think some directions that MAAC has taken has come from these forums. If he were to post in the forums himself, it could cause all sorts of problems, for him, MAAC, us, and Jason.

I have a funny feeling that the executive of MAAC has decided to let the forums be. Their job is not to moderate the forums. There are enough people on here that are in the know, and don't have any conflicts if they post.

I admire the fact that Mr. Barlow takes the time to check these boards, and pm's people who he feels he should. I don't think he did not do it to have you guide the thread, I'm sure it was merely information for you specifically.

disclaimer time

I don't know Mr. Barlow personally, I'm not on the executive, nor do I have any affiliation with MAAC, other than to be a member. I have had a couple pm's from him, and while I found it kinsa weird at first, I thought about why he didn't just post, and I can kinda see where he's coming from.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #18
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canhos
Don't jump on Richard now.

He's always checking the forums, and I think some directions that MAAC has taken has come from these forums. If he were to post in the forums himself, it could cause all sorts of problems, for him, MAAC, us, and Jason.

I have a funny feeling that the executive of MAAC has decided to let the forums be. Their job is not to moderate the forums. There are enough people on here that are in the know, and don't have any conflicts if they post.

I admire the fact that Mr. Barlow takes the time to check these boards, and pm's people who he feels he should. I don't think he did not do it to have you guide the thread, I'm sure it was merely information for you specifically.

disclaimer time

I don't know Mr. Barlow personally, I'm not on the executive, nor do I have any affiliation with MAAC, other than to be a member. I have had a couple pm's from him, and while I found it kinsa weird at first, I thought about why he didn't just post, and I can kinda see where he's coming from.
Good thing you post as much as I do Mike. You have a tremendous talent for talking the gruff, offensive, edge off what I try to say and put it in a sensible well thought out way.
PTA Hobbies
Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 PM   #19
Canhos
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Mike Gyger

That took me 20 minutes to write out. I did it 3 times. You guy's posted once each in the time I did, and a minute after I was done, I got a PM. It's seems the MAAC police are out in force!!! I'm going to go stash all my AM radios.

volksman.

This helps to keep the man away. I wear one when I'm out shopping with the wife, keeps me in control!!!

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I bet the guy in the video wears one when he's not flying his airplane!!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
green@3D
RCC Contributor

I am: Brian R

I love this time of year,, everyone is in such a great mood!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in