any news on indoor offroad toronto track??? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:16 AM   #11
imported_louiegetz

Total Props: 0
Thumbs down

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
just called rc sport the other day and they said there wont be any indoor nitro until early spring...LOL defeats the purpose of havin a nitro indoor track for the winter time, and collecting money for nitro memberships. hope they get this track goin my bones are FREEZIN out there.
imported_louiegetz is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:31 AM   #12
imported_offroader
RCC Master Contributor

That really sucks! I was looking forward to running somewhere warm.
imported_offroader is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:15 AM   #13
imported_SELWA
RCC Pro Contributor

It's cheaper to run my 1/6 or 1/5 outside and buy a snowmobile suit to keep warm.

It must suck when you're just waiting...waiting for nothing to happen that is. No with this website/forum the RC community is much closer that it ever was. People talk and others listen. In small business word of mouth can make or break you.

Too bad no ones has an empty barn to use or rent!!

Old 12-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #14
Jay Cristiano
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Jay C
Radio of choice:
KO Propo
# of RCs: 5

Thumbs down

that sucks i was also looking to run during the winter, in my opinion the track wont be open for awile if there working at this rate
Jay Cristiano is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 AM   #15
imported_FIREFOX
RCC Senior Contributor

Thumbs down

I remember visiting their spot at the hobby show, we asked like 3 or 4 different ppl working there (one was an older gentleman, one was a woman, and the other 2 were young guys) about the track and they all said very enthusiastically that "YES" the track will be open for electric in two weeks time and then in December open for nitro.

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Gotta admit though folks, they really made some sales and deals with the belief that a track was going to be available in under a month's time, even went as far as give out memberships if you bought something (Ofna Ultra LX Comp)...and now we hear that there isn't even dirt layed down...hmmm...what a bummer...

Booo RCSports!!! Boooo!!!

The FIREFOX says Booooooooooooooooo!!!

Don't want to ---- any RCSport loyals out there, just that there won't be a track is all.

PeacE!

HPI Savage X 4.6
Painted Indy Silver - Basher
Ford F-150 painted 2 tone: Black on Silver w/ red racing strip - Cruiser
Spektrum DX 2.0
imported_FIREFOX is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
1shnot
RCC Junior Contributor

Angry

what pisses me off the most is that they don't even make an effort to update us. or anything and even when I call to find out what is happening, I get (depends on who answers) "may be" "not sure" "may be not"...........

That's noway to run a business especially in such a small community....
thank god I'm a hardcore onroad racer...

sorry guys just very disapointed......(remember xtreme hobbies?)
1shnot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:11 PM   #17
Glenn Garrugia - Brotherdirt

Must be a lonley room!!

You'll never fit this track in your bedroom and its way better than a track that dosent exist. common out and give it a whirl Its perfect for the winter. And its already open so theres no waiting and wondering when its going to happen. At least come out and give it a try befor you knock it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmaster G
this is a 1/18 track

RC sports was opening a 1/10

1/18 tracks I build in my bedroom
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #18
Mugenman
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Muckey M

I have a pretty big bedroom. So don't be sure.
Mugenman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #19
Skagen
Super Moderator

★ Moderator ★

I am: John
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 20

Total Props: 7
see this is so typical of people in this hobby these days. "OK guys, indoor offroadr this winter.......wait it might not happen....now it might happen...might not....might.....might not......" blah blah blah B**

Listen up all you people who own a hobby shop/track, or are affiliated with one. stop dicking us around, you go around making false promises and you wonder why your sales are down. i have had enough with all you people making false promises and screwing the public around, thats why i am buying online from now on. you hobby shops need to get your act together and untill that day, i am done with you, and i am sure a few others are thinking the same thing.......and no i dont mean all shops, just a select few coughrcsportscough
Old 12-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #20
zoomroom
RCC Contributor

Indoor offroad nitro..........

I've gotta put 2 cents in here.......I'm not affiliated at all with the shop in question, however I do feel for them at this time.........It's next to impossible for anyone.....anyone to open any type of track in Ontario, both indoor and outdoor nitro or electric........there are SOOO many obsticales to overcome its insane.......

The first is insurance....even mention to a company that this will be a recreational facility and watch your premiums SKYROCKET......

Then there is zoning......zoning......zoning........bylaw officers have a field day with this sort of stuff................

Tell your landlord that you will be trucking in dirt to his property (indoors) can be pretty touchy too......

As for the nitro indoor issue, i don't know if that will ever be resolved.....nitro fuel is TOO heavy to be lifted by roof fans not matter how much you invest in fans..........(example: 1/5 scale onroad used to be held at Formula Kartways indoor track in the winter..those are BIG POWERFUL fans....no problem running a mix fuel.......once the 1/5 association allowed 1/10 scaler nitros onto the track we lost the spot due to people getting sick.......the fans would just not draw the stuff off the floor)

Its tough just to even run club racing anymore........seems to be as soon as someone is having fun, someone will complain...........noise, dust, I've heard them all..........

Not that I'm defending the actions of those in question, but they might be fighting the same battle every track owner faces trying to open and are jsut having a real hard time of it.

Lets not kill what might at least be a good electric indoor offroad track before it gets finalized by bad mouthing things too badly and cheezing off those trying to get it up and running.. I for one hope it opens, means more guys running and breaking parts. That and my Ezilla is just begging to be bashed.

Maybe everyone should only ask to speak to one person in charge over there so you don't get different answers......

My 2 cents, can't afford them.........but theres always a 2nd mortgage.

Hank

Team Associated RC8/Jammin .21
Tamiya 801xt
Tamiya Tamtech Porsche
Tamiya Tamtech Frog
Tamiya F350 Hilift
Tamiya CC01 SCALE CRAWLER
CRC Gen X
BYRONS FUEL
zoomroom is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in