Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Funfly - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Events Discuss your local events, events attended, etc...

Old 06-09-2015, 02:39 PM   #1
davida
RCC Contributor

I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 1
Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Funfly

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Mark your calendars for August 22-23, 2015. This is the 28th annual funfly located at the Kingston Rc club. Pre-registration is open now. For all pilots that have pre-register are entered in a draw for a DLE30. This is the largest giant scale event in Canada I have attached the poster.

Dave Asquini
Attached Thumbnails
28th OVGS Kingston Poster.pdf  
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #2
f6hlct
RCC Apprentice

I am: Dave P

Total Props: 3
Re: Ottawa Valley Giant Scale Funfly

It’s awesome to see the regulars signing up early but we also have some new entrants which is great to see. For those that have not been to this event, it’s a very warm and inviting atmosphere. We have the outstanding pilots and builders which are worth the trip to see but we also encourage the newcomers to Giant Scale and all those in between. In fact we regularly see seasoned pilots assisting the newcomers at the flight line to get over the jitters. Some of you should remember those days. Everyone has the same opportunity to fly and with the flight line coordinators monitoring the traffic, its sometimes safer than flying at your own club. Really, all are welcome.

This year being the 28th running of the event is rewarding enough, but the local club that provides this beautiful field and one of the best event canteens ever is celebrating their 50th anniversary. The Kingston Radio Control Modelers have provided a party after the dinner at the field and will have a live band which I am told you should not miss.

I hope to see all of your there and bring your friends too.

If you want to see more, check out our pre-registration page and have a look at last year’s photos as well.

Dave Penchuk
613 795-6076
President
Ottawa Valley Giant Scale
GiantScaleCanada.com
Old 07-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #3
f6hlct
RCC Apprentice

To keep everyone in the loop, pre-registration for this event is progressing as expected with a solid 54 pilots to date. There are several reasons to pre-register for this event and all are in your favor. For your $20 registration fee, you get an awesome event-shirt and registering early should get you the shirt of you size. XXL’s are now out and there are only 7 L left. When you pre-register, you walk up to a separate line at the event, pick up your shirt, event package and go flying, but the best reason is the draw prize for those that pre-registered before Aug 3rd. Every year we have a substantial prize to give away and this year is a DLE 30. We look forward to seeing you there Aug 22-23, so please check out our web page for more information.

http://giantscalecanada.com/Kingston2015pre.html

Dave Penchuk
613 795-6076
President
GiantScaleCanada.com

Old 07-25-2015, 06:46 PM   #4
davida
RCC Contributor

I am: David A
Radio of choice:
spectrum DX18
# of RCs: 4

there are 61 pilot pre-registered so far should be a blast
davida is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #5
Dennis 9412
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

Are spectators welcome at the field?
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #6
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

Spectators are VERY welcome. Lots of room for them too.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #7
f6hlct
RCC Apprentice

We now have 68 pre-registered pilots for our event that qualify to win a DLE 30 just for signing up early. You actually have until midnight tonight to get in the draw if you wish to squeak in on this deal. Just a reminder that you have to be there at draw time on Saturday to win. For the last few years, we have invested in an awesome prize for this effort and every year we have another happy pilot.

You can still pre-register until August 15th which will get you quick processing at registration, but you will not be eligible for the prize. By the way, we only have shirt size XL at this time.

Hope to see you there.

Dave Penchuk
613 795-6076
President
GiantScaleCanada.com
Old 08-11-2015, 06:36 AM   #8
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7

Thanks Dave!

Hey got my spanking brand new "Great Planes 33cc Escapade" up & running with a brand new 33cc EVO motor that started on the first try. This motor simply purrs at idle - Dave said its so nice let do a maiden - OK! and this plane fly's great a couple click of aileron and it was flying hands off! Plane cruised nicely just above 1/2 throttle - Plane has a flap option - They are not needed it landed so smooth and slow with that thick airfoil - I only need 5 more flight before next weekend so I can fly at Kingston.

The plane is designed specifically for the rear carb DLE so when I went with the EVO I had to cut out a good part of the firewall so I could get the pitts style muffler to fit. The motor has a nice sound not loud at all

PS: I would high recommend the plane to anyone good value for the money
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	851.2 KB
ID:	678113   Click image for larger version

Name:	escapade.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	678121  
Old 08-11-2015, 07:41 AM   #9
cicopo
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Larry
Radio of choice:
Spektrum

Total Props: 42

That looks photogenic. I'll see if I can get you a few nice photos of it in action.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:41 PM   #10
John Weekes
RCC Noob

I am: John Weekes
Radio of choice:
JR 9503, Spektrum DX7
# of RCs: 30+

Get the flights you need on the Escapade this week-end, Ken!

I will be campaigning the FW-190A-5 Butcher Bird once again and am hoping to bring along my Sepp Uiberlacher-design Hawker Typhoon that was built by scale master, Bill Croft. We flew the Typhoon last week-end and it flies great! Very honest and stable. Plus, it looks awesome in the air. The Typhoon is a rare model warbird that you don't usually see at events. It was a little underpowered on an electric motor so I am rushing to convert it back to a DLE-55.

If I can't get the Typhoon ready I will be doing non-scale take offs and aerobatics with my trusty deHavilland Beaver.

I hope to see everyone soon. IF you have never been to this event...plan on attending. Between Dave and the Kingston club this is an awesome event for giant scale enthusiasts. It is low key, relaxed and friendly...don't worry if you don't have a lot of experience flying at giant scale events. ...And there are always tons of fabulous models to look at and friendly and knowledgeable pilots to speak with.

Spectators are warmly welcomed!

John

Last edited by John Weekes; 08-11-2015 at 02:49 PM.
John Weekes is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in