Save Sprucewood "my 2 cents" - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Car & Truck discussion General Discussion about R/C topics

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 PM   #21
imported_Steve
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
can't

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I hate when people say something CAN'T be done, everything can be done, it's only what people don't want to be done that CAN'T be done.

There is already 7 races and only 3 races count as points, if there was another race it only gives people more selection / variety is that a problem. All the people that say there are too many races have to remember they only have to go to 3 races and the final, nobody holds a gun to anybody telling them they have to go to more then that.

Steve
imported_Steve is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:35 PM   #22
bobf24
RCC Expert Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I hate when people say something CAN'T be done, everything can be done, it's only what people don't want to be done that CAN'T be done.

There is already 7 races and only 3 races count as points, if there was another race it only gives people more selection / variety is that a problem. All the people that say there are too many races have to remember they only have to go to 3 races and the final, nobody holds a gun to anybody telling them they have to go to more then that.

Steve

if you want to have a shot at top 5, you have to go to all of them until you get 3 solid A-main finishes, because there are at least 5 guys that will be at every race and for sure will get 3 solid finishes out of them, and the big point of chucks post was that all the tracks have built their schedule around the glorcs series races, so to start moving them or adding races means every other track in the area has to adjust theirs, and may end up having one of their big non-glorcs races on the same weekend as a glorcs race, which is going to hurt both races, yes its only Jan, but there is a reason it all gets set in stone so early,

I've always thought sprucewood shouldn't be in the glorcs series, it should just be its own race, its not the same type of race as the rest, that would let dave try all his crazy starting gate ideas and what not, and it will let all the big name pro guys come without messing up the local peoples points finishes, if 10 pro guys come, it means the highest I can possibly finish is like 7th if I have a perfect race, beacuse at least 3 will probally break or flame out, where any other race if I have a perfect race I could get 2nd or 3rd probally, if someone can only make 3 or 4 qualifing races, that could really hurt them over all,

If you want a glorcs race at the track, have it another weekend, but IMO the sprucewood race would be alot better without the pressure and rules of the glrocs series,
bobf24 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:14 PM   #23
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

Chuck I completely agree with you!! (I think it's the first time - HA HA)

I realize it all came down to bad timing and I don't want this to get out of hand as much as I appreciate many of the kind comments and MANY MANY pm's from guys that did not want to comment here!!

In the best interest of RC Racing here in the Great Lakes area I will not be having my race in 2008

Enough said!! (by me anyway)

Old 01-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #24
JordanAK
RCC Pro Contributor

And the post after this could be a different tune...

Like the tune of race engines !

The Sprucewood race rules ! Always did, always will !
2010 & 2009 RC Pro Nitro Buggy Champion, Ont.
2010 Glorcs Buggy 3rd
2010 Glorcs Truggy 5th
www.rcsnowmobiles.com
JordanAK is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #25
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

dave, sounds like our one on one race on the original track is still on, we should print up 2 shirts just for us!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:20 AM   #26
GearHead
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris

Just another 2 cents ...

First off I need to say that I also was very saddened by the news that Sprucewood would not be on the Glorcs circuit this year. I didn't make that many races last year, but I can say that the races I attended were an absolute blast and I can't wait for the season to start !

That being said, David, you host a great race and I love the track, appreciate all the hard work, and I can't wait to see what the track will look like in 2009!

I guess with the race season being as short as it is and so many tracks and sponsors trying to host a races there now a shortage of weekends that will work for any given schedule. Let's hope that glorcs can increase the number of races to accomodate everyone.

one last question ...

Do you have to have a Losi to be invited to the Losi track day ???
GearHead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
Gump
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Brian Belanger

Total Props: 1
yeah, you're right crazyrcr - we (glorcs) should have just told the track owners who decided to take on rcps races to go take a flying leap, especially after they all took the time to show continued support for glorcs, apply to host a race, submit track packages, attend the annual owners meeting, get approved and pay for the 2008 season LAST YEAR. I feel that would have gone over very well with all our peers and sponsors in the community, as as well, would have gone a long way to strengthen participation in this hobby throughout the region

What you can do for us, crazyrcr, is take alook at the rcps schedule, take a look at the glorcs schedule, take a look at any currently posted trophy races or club races hosted in this region, and make a suggestion as to how to reorganize the entire season so that the sprucewood can take place on its intended date (dave gave many reasons why it can only happen on one date in particular).
Or you can just go ahead and tell us how to tell GCH that we have to go back on our word to give them a race after the sprucewood was publically announced as being cancelled.

I look foreward to your input.
Gump is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 AM   #28
Mac
RCC Supreme Contributor

I have had alot of praise and also taken alot of heat from many racers, sponsors and charities off these forums because of how this has come down. So much so that if my race does not go forward it could severly hurt my future with many of them. At the same time I do not want to come off the bad guy.

I have worked so hard over the last 8ight (ha) years to continually put on a better show and as I have been sitting back I can't get past the fact that I will not be opening my home up to the RC world for an RC Race. The fact of throwing away 8ight years of holding a race is becoming hard to swallow.

Last year WE (RC Community) raised just under $10,000 for the Lions Club at my race and my hope for 2008 was to make them even more with some big surprises that I had been working on. Well a couple of them have come full circle and in a way it is almost forcing my hand to continue with the race. I have always been pushing to get some big US sponsored drivers up to my event and each year it's been all talk and no action, well that is about to change!!

The race for this year would be as it started a stand alone race with no affiliation to any series as I missed the boat.

This would alow me to run a little different format and shake things up a little.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:16 AM   #29
Dave Henry

oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how about something like 3 or 4 bump ups like usual to get into higher mains but with an LCQ right before the A main that would consist of the top 2 racers form all the lower mains thrown into one big pile for a free for all 10 minute sprint for the last 2 A main spots!= carnage=lots of fun
Old 03-13-2008, 09:17 AM   #30
Dave Henry

dave, i have some KILLER ideas if you want to make the track the craziest thing you ever raced on,we'll chat
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in