New to electric, suggestions? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #11
Flypaper
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: Gord C

Total Props: 8

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Doesn't say anywhere that you can't use it on alky burners. Even has a throttle kill switch for glow. My 25 size Pizza Box loves it.
Flypaper is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:58 AM   #12
ofnsve

Total Props: 0
hydravien, I live between Arthur and Walsh just west of Edward st. I used to belong to the club about 10-13 yrs ago, but fell out of R/C'ing due to not being able to afford it when I was a student. Now I'm getting back into it and like the idea of parkflyers and just love the 3D part of flying. I have a great park/schoolyard just up the street from me and have flown the crappy FirebirdII : http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...irebird_ii.htm(a gift from my ex-girlfriend) that I have, but it is not anywhere near what I want.
I've already flown nitro's and have a nitro truck, but am interested in the electric due to the quiet, clean fun I can have in my own neighbourhood. Don't get me wrong, I do love the sound, smell and looks of nitro, but I'm ready to try something new.
ofnsve is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:17 PM   #13
hillmanr2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypaper
Doesn't say anywhere that you can't use it on alky burners. Even has a throttle kill switch for glow. My 25 size Pizza Box loves it.
Page 2 of the manual states only for small park flyier ELECTRIC planes and helis.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...X6_Maunal.pdf]
http://www.duralitebatteries.com/
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #14
ofnsve

Well looky here: http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_eflite_byp_yak.htm. It's a combo with the radio that I wanted. Anyone have any thoughts on the E-flite Byp Yak 3D ARF? It's one of the planes that I had in my top 3 to get so maybe this is a sign. I'd like to know ease of construction, durability, flight characteristics and any other firsthand thoughts on it rather than just the reviews and vids I've researched on it if anyone is familiar with this plane.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #15
hydravien
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Nick P
Radio of choice:
DX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofnsve
hydravien, I live between Arthur and Walsh just west of Edward st. I used to belong to the club about 10-13 yrs ago, but fell out of R/C'ing due to not being able to afford it when I was a student. Now I'm getting back into it and like the idea of parkflyers and just love the 3D part of flying. I have a great park/schoolyard just up the street from me and have flown the crappy FirebirdII : http://www.modelflight.com.au/rc_mod...irebird_ii.htm(a gift from my ex-girlfriend) that I have, but it is not anywhere near what I want.
I've already flown nitro's and have a nitro truck, but am interested in the electric due to the quiet, clean fun I can have in my own neighbourhood. Don't get me wrong, I do love the sound, smell and looks of nitro, but I'm ready to try something new.
i knwo what you mean about having fun in your own yard. before nitro helis i flew electric ones (trex size) and i could fly them in my yard and i had a blast. now wiht my nitro one i can only hover in my yard (i still do for test flights. too far to the field.) its a 45 min drive from my house to lakehead aeromodellers site (i live on lakeshore) and now im looking at electrics too, but i was looking more towards pusher prop planes that would be able to hold their own at the field too.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:31 PM   #16
igor_throw_the_switch
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: Brad Kacer

ofnsve: If you get tired of gluing foam back together, try an EPP plane instead. The slofly mini28 or the 32 are both great fliers with the Komodo KH257 motor on the front. The planes are $15 if you order them without the CF, and the motors are $36 and hard to beat on the small shockie type fliers. Check out the videos to see how much bashing these things will take.

http://slofly.com/cart/index.php

Brad

Brad Kacer
MAAC # 29287
igor_throw_the_switch is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #17
ofnsve

igor_throw_the_switch, those are some sweet looking planes for sure. I just may get one too. They look pretty simple and that suits me fine.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in