PowerHouse RC Performance TQ501 Engine - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Nitro, Gas, Lipo chat (RC Car & Truck) All things related to Nitro, Electric & Gas motors... Tuning, experiences, setups and more.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:32 AM   #1
Mark Smith
RCC Apprentice

I am: Mark Smith
Radio of choice:
KO Propo

Total Props: 0
PowerHouse RC Performance TQ501 Engine

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hello everyone! I just wanted to tell you that I am now a dealer for the new TQ line of engines. They are actually the GRP based engines that were discontinued a short time ago and TQ racing bought the rights to. I was known as the GRP modder in the industry and due to the overwhelming calls to TQ from existing PowerHouse GRP customers, Luther contacted me and asked if I would once again be the go to guy for the new GRP based TQ engine line. They have made a few improvements such as a redesigned rod for more strength and longevity and newly designed carb needles for improved tunability and fuel mileage. I currently have them in stock so contact me for pricing and availability. Thanks everyone for your continued support!!
Mark Smith is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
GearHead
RCC Contributor

I am: Chris

I know there are alot of people out there wondering this ...

Will the piston and sleeve from the (GRP based) TQ engine fit the older GRP engines ?

Here's hoping !
GearHead is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #3

Total Props: 57
Mark, check your PM...
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
Mark Smith
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
KO Propo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHead View Post
I know there are alot of people out there wondering this ...

Will the piston and sleeve from the (GRP based) TQ engine fit the older GRP engines ?

Here's hoping !
I was told that every part in the .21 engine will be a direct fit for the GRP engines and I will have parts available asap. We will have to wait and see what the new .26 brings us. I would guess the piston and sleeve wouldn't work and with the smaller bore, I would also think the case and head button wouldn't fit either. Maybe the crank and rod will be a direct swap but the guys hoping for piston and sleeve's may be out of luck.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:48 PM   #5
Mark Smith
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
KO Propo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalShield View Post
Mark, check your PM...
PM replied to and adjustments made, Sorry about that buddy!
Old 05-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
imported_maximus
RCC Junior Contributor

Mark, I need some rods for a couple of modded Ninja 28's....So keep an eye out of the new rods will work or not.... its a shame not to run these sweet engines because of a loose rod.....
imported_maximus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #7
Mark Smith
RCC Apprentice

Radio of choice:
KO Propo

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus View Post
Mark, I need some rods for a couple of modded Ninja 28's....So keep an eye out of the new rods will work or not.... its a shame not to run these sweet engines because of a loose rod.....
Will do brother!! I heard the rod dimensions are identical to the older GRP's so it should be a direct drop in but I will double check in the next day or so. I will then let you know when I get a couple in stock to send you to get your animals back up and running wild. Thanks Neal!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in