aceplant00
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Todd M
Radio of choice:
Hitec Aurora 9
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 7
Enya 09 Help needed

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have an Enya 09 engine. I can get it started but to keep it running need to keep partial pressure on the muffler exhaust port.
Looking for some help as to carb settings or other ideas as to running this engine
aceplant00 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:27 PM   #2
hackken
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
I don't have the 09 Enya but have used a couple of Enya 19 engines which are similar. I found that they did not draw fuel properly until the needle valve tube was screwed at least half way into the carb opening. They would then draw fuel well and are a very good running engine. They are not high power engines but are steady, reliable runners. They are almost impossible to wear out unless you mistreat them in some manner. They develop good torque, so seem happy on a larger prop spinning at a lower R.P.M. Hope this is of some help to you.
hackken is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:09 AM   #3
flysrcs
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: Dave .
Radio of choice:
DX 18

Total Props: 5
aceplant00,
I have 3 of those little engines. They all run great. The only one I have in a plane at th moment is in an old ace electric puddle master. This engine seems to be a perfect match for this plane. Anyway I digress. It hand starts and rarley sees the electric starter. I have the needle vale set at about 1 turn and it likes it there. The rule of thumb about starting 3 turns open seems not to apply to this engine.
Good luck,
Dave
flysrcs is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
kersplat
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
Enya .09

Hello Ace,

I have Four of these engines, and a Fifth new one on the way from Enya direct (it only cost $41.00 CDN) with no duty.
Anyway, These engines, like flysrc says they start very well by hand. I never have to use a starter on mine either. Most of mine, the carb is set with the air bleed screw halfway covering the hole and the throttle barrell is set so there is a 1/32 inch opening at idle. I use Omega 5% with 4 ounces of sig castor added to a new gallon. These engines run well on 0% nitro too just so you know, they idle like a kitten purring. My oldest Enya .09 is from 1960's, using an 8X4 all of it's lifeand it still idles like a Harley Davidson. It has more than the average running hours on it than newer engines will ever last for.
I hope this helps, Oh by the way, I use 8X4's on my R/C .09's and 7X5's on the control line versions.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in