Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #11
dean2287
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Dean M

Total Props: 8
Re: Glow Fuel Shortage?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Last time I was at the LHS here they had tons.
fly2bfree
dean2287 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #12
dastallen
RCC Junior Contributor

I am: Dav A

Total Props: 0

I was at my second home today thee LHS, and they seem to have a good supply of fuel on hand, but they did tell me that power master fuel won't be made anymore. The owner of the company passed away and they shut it down...??..could be rumors who knows, but the LHS is carrying Cool Power now,they only had before was power master, but i got 3 gallons so far
Old 04-25-2010, 06:53 AM   #13
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastallen View Post
I was at my second home today thee LHS, and they seem to have a good supply of fuel on hand, but they did tell me that power master fuel won't be made anymore. The owner of the company passed away and they shut it down...??..could be rumors who knows, but the LHS is carrying Cool Power now,they only had before was power master, but i got 3 gallons so far
Hmmm, hadn't heard that about Powermaster, so I did a little research and found this bit of info

http://www.clstunt.com/htdocs/dc/dcb...&page=3#346432

After doing some more reading on other forums, it does appear that Powermaster is "no more". To bad really. So I guess some glow fuel really is in short supply!

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf

Last edited by chuebner; 04-25-2010 at 07:07 AM.
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
Tyler P
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Tyler P
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 6

I don't know how you guys can fly glow! The fuel is just so expensive! My 50cc gasser does 10 15-minute flights on 5L of gas, which at this point is around $5 worth. Don't glow planes use more fuel too?

Not to hijack, but there are so many nice planes offered now that can use the DLE30cc, I can't believe more people are jumping into gas!

As for a shortage, I don't know. Our local shops in Ottawa seem to be carrying a decent supply. I haven't heard any of our local glow pilots complaining about not getting fuel.

Edit: Yeah, electrics really are a great substitute of glow! In the more popular glow sizes you can get more power on similar or less weight with an electric.

Last edited by Tyler P; 04-25-2010 at 07:40 AM.
Tyler P is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:55 AM   #15
chuebner
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Curt H
Radio of choice:
Hitec

Total Props: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler P View Post
I don't know how you guys can fly glow! The fuel is just so expensive! My 50cc gasser does 10 15-minute flights on 5L of gas, which at this point is around $5 worth. Don't glow planes use more fuel too?

Not to hijack, but there are so many nice planes offered now that can use the DLE30cc, I can't believe more people are jumping into gas!

As for a shortage, I don't know. Our local shops in Ottawa seem to be carrying a decent supply. I haven't heard any of our local glow pilots complaining about not getting fuel.

Edit: Yeah, electrics really are a great substitute of glow! In the more popular glow sizes you can get more power on similar or less weight with an electric.
Awwww, the smell of Nitro in the morning is what fuels the addiction, dude. Just love to get my Nitro fix!!

Gas would be alright, but they stink like my old chainsaw! Now if they came out with a 40 size gas.. well...
Besides, by the time I would have to sell all my nitros and convert to gas, the costs wouldn't justify it. If I have to spend 250-300 a year on glow fuel to get my flying done, so be it. I still consider this sport quite cheap all things considered. One weekend of snowmobiling with the boys would cost me more in fuel and oil than my whole year of Nitro burning!

Electric is good also (I do have a few), but I would miss the sound and smell!

Cheers
Curt

I fly Hitec, why...... because I wanna!!

Forum Rules Link
https://www.rccanada.ca/site-rules.pdf

Last edited by chuebner; 04-25-2010 at 07:57 AM.
chuebner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
pianodude
RCC Expert Contributor

I am: John H
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 13

Total Props: 7
Smile Re: Glow Fuel Shortage?

i agree with the above post 100%... i still love doing low passes and when the wind is right you smell the exhaust. my wife ran out of perfume a few weeks ago and i offered her some omega 10%,but she said no. i have been with glow since i was a kid and it just reminds me of those times, i guess... john
pianodude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #17
smoknrv4
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jonathan M
Radio of choice:
DX 18QQ
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 55

Also with electrics...which I also fly, you need to apply some throttle managment for motor, esc cooling etc., flying the whole flight on full throttle gives you a short flight and shorter lifespan on your electric components....not so with glow fuel slimers, full throttle the whole flight! Yeehahh

Elgin Flyers, St. Thomas, Ontario
Maac#45310
smoknrv4 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #18
MarkToo
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Mark E
Radio of choice:
JR 12X
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 4

I run 12.5% Cool Power heli fuel and normally stock isn't an issue. I can't find it anywhere right now...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in