man oh man... RCU and RCG jet fun! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Total Props: 61
man oh man... RCU and RCG jet fun!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
WHat a soap opera in the jets forums on the two chat boards... it makes for some interesting/entertaining reading but man it sure gets tiring after a while....

I used to lovge reading about peoples projects and asking for advice, etc but now it just seems like everyone's at each others throats.

Didnt I write something like this a while back too??

When I want to talk jets I dont want to read about all the political BS...

ANy comments?
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:06 PM   #2
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
It's happened every year for at least the past three years...in between Superman and Florida Jets, it becomes silly season..I don't know if it is withdrawal at the end of flying season or what, but it has been a predictable cycle, even though the players change.

I hope nobody suggests they come here......

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

Nony, I guess youre right about that... but man, some of these guys get pretty nasty!

In the end, this is a hobby, something we do for the challage, the passion and just plane fun of it... at least it is for me!

How is the engine coming? Mine is being worked on at Wren this week ( cant wait to get it back and get it back together!) And man, after two weeks of not being able to work on MY winter build project I am maybe going to get started on the airframe this week... still deciding how to go about the main retracts, and also how I want to tackle the brakes. Ahhh... real modeling stuff to chat about

Old 11-16-2004, 07:50 AM   #4
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 16
Andrew, I don't know what it is but it seems to creep into almost every endeavour, calling or project sooner or later. I have been a leader in Scouts Canada (you wouldn't believe the politics!), My wife and I were 20 year plus volunteeers with the Canadian Cancer Society, (Not as bad but...) We were volunteer board members in our church, I was chairman, and there it was again.

I was approached this past weekend about the possibility of standing for election to the board of our club and I flatly said "No". Been there, done that, wore the scorched Tee shirt.

I try my best to steer clear of that political crap, to the point of turning my back and walking away when it comes up. I've been singed too many times. This hobby is too neat to be ruined by wrangling, but some folk seem to thrive on it.

Just my 2 cents.

Dave

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-16-2004, 01:28 PM   #5
nony
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Like I said, it has been very predictable, and once flying starts again, things will more or less settle down.......

Thank goodness for RCCanada !!!!!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
AJCoholic
RCC Supreme Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR 12X, 28X

I wish we could get a few more Canadian jet modelers to write HERE what they are working on. I know there are many, many more fellows in this country that are doing some awesome building, designing and have much knowledge to share. I saw this first hand at this past summer's Bay of Quinte rally.

How do you get more fellows to sign in here and chat? I think something can go into the jet committee report... maybe draw a few more into the RCC jets forum.

Old 11-16-2004, 04:21 PM   #7
JimBrown
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Jim Brown
Radio of choice:
Jeti DS-24
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
Re: man oh man... RCU and RCG jet fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJCoholic
When I want to talk jets I dont want to read about all the political BS...

ANy comments?
Yep. I have one.

What works for me is I just ignore the political BS. Just skip right by it. Once I've seen a thread disintegrate, I don't bother checking it anymore.

Ok, occasionally I'll check them out to see just how silly they're getting. Good for a laugh.

There are interesting differences in my browsing habits between RCC, RCU and RCG. On RCC, I read all the topics in the dozen or so forums that I have an interest in. On RCU I scan the topic list on two forums and check the ones that looks interesting to me. On RCG, I scan the topic list on one forum and check the ones that look interesting.

I spend more time on RCC than the other two combined.

...jim
JimBrown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in