Buy or sell-->Trust is one sided - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:23 PM   #21
waylander
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chang P
Radio of choice:
JR 12X/DX3R
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 50

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I haven't had any transactions yet here, one is underway, but have bought on ebay a lot and always try to pick sellers with good ratings and paypal.

I have only paid by money order in two instances and both were Canadian sellers. In both cases I took a scan of the money order and the shipping label and the receipt then emailed that to the seller. As the money order is in the name of the recipient and I can't (CAN'T) stop the payment and can't get my money back, I see no reason not to ship the item immediately. Unfortunately neither sellers felt the same way and insisted not only on receiving it first but also cashing it. Cases like this ---- me off to no end as the buyer takes all the risk with no recourse (unlike with paypal).

After all the frustration with paying in this manner I will never deal with anyone except through paypal or in person.
waylander is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #22

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander
I haven't had any transactions yet here, one is underway, but have bought on ebay a lot and always try to pick sellers with good ratings and paypal.

I have only paid by money order in two instances and both were Canadian sellers. In both cases I took a scan of the money order and the shipping label and the receipt then emailed that to the seller. As the money order is in the name of the recipient and I can't (CAN'T) stop the payment and can't get my money back, I see no reason not to ship the item immediately. Unfortunately neither sellers felt the same way and insisted not only on receiving it first but also cashing it. Cases like this ---- me off to no end as the buyer takes all the risk with no recourse (unlike with paypal).

After all the frustration with paying in this manner I will never deal with anyone except through paypal or in person.

I don't know of any retailer that ships a product without payment first. As a seller to tell you the truth the few guys that crab about wanting the item first before payment in my book are not worth the hassle to deal with. It would be easy to tack on the cost of COD because if you are insisting then you foot the bill but even then its not worth it. Remember as the seller I have the right to refuse to do business with anyone I feel uncomfortable with. I would definitely not feel comfortable in a deal where the customer starts out with "I don't trust you unless you send the item to me first including the cost of shipping and upon receipt I will decide if I still want it" One of the first rules of internet trading. buying or selling is that " If someone insists on any requests that are outside the norm run don't walk away from the deal as it sounds to much like the scams that are all over the internet."

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:03 AM   #23
spitfirefan
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
If you stop and think about it......all transactions (whether on the net or even at the local store) is always cash up front. Even COD....you have to pay before you get the merchandise. The days of the "handshake deal" are well and truly gone (except maybe between friends). I have dealt guite a few times on E-Bay and using PayPal but even that......until the buyer sees the funds he's not shipping. Because it's electronic it's faster but that's still the way it happens.
spitfirefan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:11 AM   #24
Colyn
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Colin Munkley
Radio of choice:
Jr 12X mode 1
# of RCs: 12+

Total Props: 0
I have to say I have had no real issues on here, the x-shipping thing works for me, I have dealt with many guy's and for the most part I would not hesitate to do it, this is not E-bay by a long way. First off I trust guys on here way more plus there are no Fee’s.
I have had a deal with the originator of this post and think he is a stand up guy too!! The rating and feedback is a great indication of a buyer or sellers creditability too, plus it’s a tighter community on RCC also. I think its an awesome place it makes it even better when you meet up with fellow pilots too that way you get to know and put faces to names on here, I have met many many guy’s now and some of them have become really good personal friends too!!! Hey Len I’d deal with you any time and would not think twice about X-shipping with you my two pence worth !!! :P Colin.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #25
Flyboy76
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Geoff B
Radio of choice:
Spektrum IX12
# of RCs: 27

Total Props: 4
I have over 90 transactions on e-bay (not a lot compared to some people) and several done on here as well. In my life i have found more trust worthy people in this hobby than just about anywhere else. I have been burned once back when i was into RC cars, i shipped a Traxxas Jato and some cash for a new HPI savage with a hopped up engine and never got the truck. I contacted this guy for just about 7 months before i gave up and in the end he became abusive. I was new at the web buying and bought privately. This is the only transaction that i have ever been burned on but i haven't stopped buying selling because of it. I don't blame people for not shipping the item until payment arrives, some people have a very small budget when it comes to this hobby and i certainly wouldn't want to sit on the side because someone screwed me!!

Geoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in