HK600GT Whats in the box - Page 7 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #61
BennyTRD
RCC Contributor

I am: Ben

Total Props: 0
Re: HK600GT Whats in the box

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Man, I think a person should atleast go with an Align Heli and not waste the time with these knock offs. Yeah some of the Align stuff doesn`t always fit together 100%, but their batting average is alot better then Hobby King. You MIGHT end up saving a few buck by buying on of these kits, but is it really woth the time and BS of dealing with a really sub-standard product?

Good luck with the build.
BennyTRD is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #62
mcx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTRD View Post
Man, I think a person should atleast go with an Align Heli and not waste the time with these knock offs. Yeah some of the Align stuff doesn`t always fit together 100%, but their batting average is alot better then Hobby King. You MIGHT end up saving a few buck by buying on of these kits, but is it really woth the time and BS of dealing with a really sub-standard product?

Good luck with the build.
i agree with you. but some on tight budgets are not able to afford those high end helis like some people.... the knockoffs, as you refer to them. are just the same as the rest of the helicopters out there. sure they need extra care, what doesnt nowadays? besides where do you think aligns parts come from? more or less hong kong.... unless they have the facilities to actually make their own. then ya your paying top dollar..... but most things probly come from hongkong.
  Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #63
BennyTRD
RCC Contributor

I am: Ben

Guaranteed Align Parts are made in the same building as those are, no doubt about that. But Align atleast has some QA processing. I highly doubt that HK has any at all.

I prefer to fly a heli that I know will not fly apart at a random point in time due to manufacturing defects. Buying a name like Align atleast should give you a little comfort knowing that some Qualility Assurance has been done.

Just my opinion on the matter.
BennyTRD is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #64
RCcanuck
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John M
Radio of choice:
ix12,DX9
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 14

I think your right mcx. I really do.
RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:40 AM   #65
Billias
RCC Noob

So after the first flight test, it went well, the only problem is the Hobbyking gyro, which gone away.

I started building this heli after a friend's request, in order to build the cheapest heli +$150.

the helli took us about $500 with the upgrades we bought.

We used cheap electonics (bluebird servos).

After doing some hover and flight tests, i started stall turns (it wasn't like my t-rex 600, but it wasn't an crap.

It flew nicely, even with the gaps the bearings have had.

IMO i wouldn't buy any hk600gt myself.

I will try to post some field fotos (and from next week some fly fotos).

Next weekend on a safe area we will do some aerobatics and 3d.

Cheers

Vassilis
Billias is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #66
Max
Administrator
★ Site Supporter ★★ Administrator ★

I am: Max P.
Radio of choice:
JR and Spektrum

Total Props: 232

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billias View Post
So after the first flight test, it went well, the only problem is the Hobbyking gyro, which gone away.

I started building this heli after a friend's request, in order to build the cheapest heli +$150.

the helli took us about $500 with the upgrades we bought.

We used cheap electonics (bluebird servos).

After doing some hover and flight tests, i started stall turns (it wasn't like my t-rex 600, but it wasn't an crap.

It flew nicely, even with the gaps the bearings have had.

IMO i wouldn't buy any hk600gt myself.

I will try to post some field fotos (and from next week some fly fotos).

Next weekend on a safe area we will do some aerobatics and 3d.

Cheers

Vassilis
Thanks for the update Vassilis. The information you are providing is very useful!
Max is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #67
Billias
RCC Noob

Quote:
Guaranteed Align Parts are made in the same building as those are, no doubt about that. But Align atleast has some QA processing. I highly doubt that HK has any at all.

I prefer to fly a heli that I know will not fly apart at a random point in time due to manufacturing defects. Buying a name like Align atleast should give you a little comfort knowing that some Qualility Assurance has been done.

Just my opinion on the matter.
This is true, it seems that HK didn't tested their parts.
For example:
The major problem is the Main Shaft every 2 CM the thickness is changing a little, and it is enough to feel the difference, after installing the align swashplate i felt it. i started by applying some Triflo grace in order to make it roll up and down, and reduce the "friction" (sorry for my bad english)

The damber rubbers and the Spindle has to be changed also, after examining the head closely my T-rex with 70grade rubbers, and after 10 gallons, has less slope than the 10 flights HK.

The Main rotor housing also has some short pins and if you do not adjust rods in order to raise a little the Swashout base, you will not get more that -5degrees, else you can easily get +-13 as i mentioned before.

two fotos the left one is my baby (600n) with a lovely YS50.

Billias is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #68
marcham
RCC Senior Contributor

I am: Marc P
Radio of choice:
JR x9303 2.4
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 1

Quote:
Guaranteed Align Parts are made in the same building as those are (HobbyKing)
Do you know this for a fact? Have you seen the Align factory? Are are you just speculating?

I agree though, people's safety is not worth the risk of flying cheap clones.

When all you've got is a hammer, every problem starts looking like nail!
marcham is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #69
RCcanuck
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: John M
Radio of choice:
ix12,DX9
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 14

Marcham: If you say one more negative thing on this thread....im going to send you a HK600GT!!!
RCcanuck is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #70
mcx

Thumbs up Re: HK600GT Whats in the box

MUAAAAAAAAA... gotta love rccanuck great guy and a great sence of humor..... hes got your number Marcham
  Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in