VERY Bad News About Fastcats - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 09:03 AM   #11
jon123
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
What happened ?????
I think it's pretty simple - people weren't supporting them. Turn out this summer was terrible, with a lot of people (many who had been Fast Cats regulars) running at other places like Sid's.

If you want a top-notch facility like Fast Cats - which gave us an amazing place to go through the LONG winter - to survive you have to support them year-round. Sorry if I sound bitter but I think some of us like me saw this coming and had tried to get people to support Fast Cats.
jon123 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #12
imported_Bikerbob
RCC Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon123
I think it's pretty simple - people weren't supporting them. Turn out this summer was terrible, with a lot of people (many who had been Fast Cats regulars) running at other places like Sid's.

If you want a top-notch facility like Fast Cats - which gave us an amazing place to go through the LONG winter - to survive you have to support them year-round. Sorry if I sound bitter but I think some of us like me saw this coming and had tried to get people to support Fast Cats.

If that is the reason why.. and it is very possible, yes.. what happened to Fastcats was Sid's, and #5 etc... the re-birth of offroad racing in the area... it did draw a lot of their customers away.. and as much as we like to think of this industry as huge.. the fact is the number of people who race.. race enough to make a business out of it.. is not that large.

I wish their family all the best.. it was very sudden, so I hope that something else has not befallen the family.

My kids enjoyed Fastcats more than offroad, and I would have been back this fall, summer.. well summer is what it is.. with holidays and SOO many other activities.. unfortunately for Fastcats.. that dosent pay the bills.
4wd - Yok MR4-BCsp SDF2
Lots of onroad stuff!!
...in RC since... what was I talking about again?
imported_Bikerbob is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:20 AM   #13
imported_[evo]

Damn I hope its nothing family related. I was looking at spending some winter time there too
imported_[evo] is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 07-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #14

Total Props: 57
Wow... as someone that raced there on a regular basis during the Fall and Winter months, to hear this news is shocking. I too hope that it is not anything more serious then just a business decission to close the doors.

FastCats was a premium facility - known through North America as one of the top carpet on-road race tracks. It is a shame that it will be closing and I wish John, Pam and their family all the best.

Sincerly,

Martin.
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #15
MUSTGOFASTER
RCC Pro Contributor

A very sad day for the RC hobby

I just started driving touring cars this past winter at FastCats and I was having a great time! I wouldn't consider myself as a touring car racer, but, I enjoyed going out on practice nights. Unfortunately, I can't be committed to going every week but the times I did go John, Pam and the rest of the crew did a great job at making me feel welcome.

Hopefully, this down time is temporary and FastCats will be back bigger and better than ever!

Steve
MUSTGOFASTER is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:49 AM   #16
SensoryOverload
RCC Contributor

I am: dmaindonnie
# of RCs: 5

I wish John and Pam well, including there families. I was there last week and bought an F103GT and some spec batteries/wheels for some Thursday night racing. Was also hoping to run my Gen-X this winter. That's too bad, hope they re-open soon.
1/5 4wd MCD FT-RR5
SensoryOverload is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #17
AndrewS

Fastcats

Fastcats was the best facility out there, from the track to the pits and even the hobby shop. Everybody that has raced there says they are shocked, and rumors are flying as to why they closed. But if anybody is wondering why they closed go take a good long look in the mirror, it's pathetic how many people race at Fastcats yet buy there parts and gear at other stores or over the net, yeah I know everybody's gonna whine about better prices at other stores and on the net, but it doesn't matter how much money you save if there is no track to race at, which is what has happened at Fastcats. For facilities like this to remain open they need the support of both nitro and electric racers and this year they haven't gotten the support they need and are now closed. It's how how alot of the people expressing shock on the forums (including this one) are many of the very people that have stopped supporting the store at Fastcats or stopped racing there all together.
AndrewS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:25 PM   #18

Total Props: 57
I was just about to buy a bunch of hop-up parts for my F103GT. I'm starting feel as though if I would have gotten there earlier maybe they'd still be open
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #19
imported_k1e1v1i1n
RCC Pro Contributor

maybe they just made enough money and they r pulling out with enough to retire . or maybe they didnt like compition for there coustomers . or who knows maybe they will do some reno and come back with a new track . i hear alot about ppl not supporting the track but to b honest the few times i went there most of the ppl there were not very nice to me . not the staff but the guys racing . so maybe with out any new ppl it ran out of money . eather way this has nothing to do with sids track and i htink its in the wrong place .
imported_k1e1v1i1n is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #20
frenchy
RCC Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1e1v1i1n
maybe they just made enough money and they r pulling out with enough to retire . or maybe they didnt like compition for there coustomers . or who knows maybe they will do some reno and come back with a new track . i hear alot about ppl not supporting the track but to b honest the few times i went there most of the ppl there were not very nice to me . not the staff but the guys racing . so maybe with out any new ppl it ran out of money . eather way this has nothing to do with sids track and i htink its in the wrong place .
What are you talking about? They were doing it primarely for the fun of it, not to do money for sure. As per your experience, I'm surprised cause everybody I know over there were always nice and willing to help newbies. You must have asked the wrong person at the wrong time. I know few of them are racing a Sid's and I'm sure you're interacting with them on a regular basis.

F.
frenchy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in