2008 Ifmar !/8 Offroad Worlds Here I Come! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Offroad RC Discussion RC Offroad chat for truggies, buggies, short-course and more. Topics may include brands like Associated, Kyosho, Tamiya, Axial, Traxxas and more.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:54 PM   #1
Dave Henry
Sprucewood Team Losi Racing - Team Captain

Total Props: 0
Talking 2008 Ifmar !/8 Offroad Worlds Here WE Come!

I recieved my invite to the 2008 IFMAR 1/8 offroad worlds today! It is being held at the Farm II track located in North Carolina.

This is only the second time the worlds have come to north america, last time was 2000 in las vegas,I finished 14th of the 150 that attended! We had a great group of canadian racers who attended that year, they where George Stiliadis,Peter Head,Brian Lavigne,Eddy Wong and myself.

The race is an amazing experience to participate in or spectate so if you have the time come on down and cheer me on!

The worlds are held every two years,they travel around the globe and will not be back to north america for some time. They will be in south america and europe the next two times around if ifmar continues it's pattern of allocating the races.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:09 PM   #2
John Bakker
~~BANNED PEOPLE~~

I am: JB

Congrats Dave ,Are you going solo or is there other Canadians invited?
John Bakker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #3
Dave Henry

George was the only other cannuck at the roar nats(edit below!!!) this past summer (the qualifying race) but he didn't do well enough to qualify, he will be sending in a resume soon to try to get in as there are always racers who can't attend and the host country gets to fill any empty spots created when a group (femca,efra,roar etc) don't fill all their spots, anybody else who is serious should post here or pm me for advice on how to go about it

edit!!! dave leavitt, his son mitchell and terry gianopolous also made the trek down to st. louis to sit in the rain for 4 days! dave had a great pit tent which had a huge canadian flag for a roof, alot of my old friends from the u.s. saw the flag and came looking for me, thanks dave! also thanks again for the awesome surf&turf dinner with the group that one night, how could i forget that, old age i guess!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
imported_ICSAM
RCC Master Contributor

dave, what are the dates that this event is being held? also, is eddy wong the guy who owns a few car dealers?
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:21 PM   #5
Dave Henry

yes eddy wong is a friend of many years and he is heavily involved in a few dealerships, nissan,infinity and honda

the dates for the race are september 15-21
Old 01-28-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
imported_ICSAM
RCC Master Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Henry View Post
yes eddy wong is a friend of many years and he is heavily involved in a few dealerships, nissan,infinity and honda

the dates for the race are september 15-21

i know him well. congrats on your invite, go get 'em!!
imported_ICSAM is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:30 PM   #7
imported_georgestilly
RCC Junior Contributor

worlds

Good job Mr. Dave, I've sent my resume in already hope to join you down there.
imported_georgestilly is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
Dave Henry

that's great george, i hope you get in!
Old 01-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
GNX5T

Good luck Dave. I'd come and cheer ya on but I haven't got my pom poms from the cleaners yet. Wish I could race beside ya but my engine is still waiting to get it's bearings installed and somehow IFMAR overlooked me on the short list. hmmff. jus kiddin

good luck pal!!
GNX5T is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM   #10
Dave Henry

lol pom poms!

thanks
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in