Super Constellation... - Page 23 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:49 AM   #221

Total Props: 57
Re: Super Constellation...

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGM Guitars View Post
No, I doubt I will Sammy, because honestly, from looking at the pictures, and the construction techniques you've employed, I would never attempt to fly this thing. It will either weigh a ton, or not be structurally sound. I'm sorry man, but honestly, I feel it will make a nice static display, a good conversation piece, but I wouldn't attempt to fly it unless this is nothing more than your plugs for a mold.....

I am not trying to offend you, but I've been in this hobby for 25 years, and have scratch built many airplanes, using white foam, and glassing it, attempting to get a smooth finish, is a recipe for extreme weight.... I wish you luck with the project, but I'm skeptical...
Well if you want to be skeptical then i have no problem you being that but i can see where you would leave or give up on projects.

Just so you know, when Carl lifted my model to see how much it weigh's, he said "Sammy it's very light airframe", so there you go as Carl knows his stuff...
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:45 AM   #222
inhissteps
RCC Contributor

I am: Wes Quist
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX7s
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

I agree, We are all in this hobby for the love of the game. And you know if the plane weighs a ton who cares! The builder is keeping his mind and skills sharp unlike those who think they know it all and spend most of their pathetic existence bad mouthing others projects. I for one belive in constructive critisism. But unless they see a major safety concern they should keep their negative comments to their self. I'm no builder but this bird is one piece of art as far as i'm concerned. It takes alot of tallent to do this and clearly he is no beginner. We all should appreaciate his hard effort. I wish all the best on this A1 job thus this far and look forward to the christening of this new giant.
Remember this is a hobby thats full of experiments some work some don't but lets do our part to keep this hobby fun no matter what

inhissteps is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:24 AM   #223

i wonder if all this criticism would be on this thread if it wasnt sammy,s build..

just a thought.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 AM   #224
moo
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
Turborix
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchbuilder View Post
I have decided to stop posting on RCC about my major on going project
Old 07-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #225

You know, the thing that gets me PO'd is, I asked a simple question at first, and I get a pretty roundabout answer. Would it have been so hard to just say "this is the actual airframe and it's coming out lighter than it might appear" and give some actual numbers. But instead I get "try thinking outside the box" what is that supposed to mean. I asked a legit question to clarify the construction of this airplane...

I wasn't being critical of anything until I got the "think out of the box" comment. Whatever happened to giving a straight answer...

geez.......
Old 07-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchbuilder View Post
Well if you want to be skeptical then i have no problem you being that but i can see where you would leave or give up on projects.
FWIW, In 25 years of modelling, I can't think of a single project I've started that I gave up on. Some stuff gets put aside if interest wanes a bit, but all have been completed so thanks for your insight
Old 07-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #227
b0r3d
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Patrick
Radio of choice:
DX8 & DX3C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 7

Keeping sharp? Have you read through this entire thread my friend? LGM asked a question, he wasn't insulting Sammy. Sammy is known to beat around the bush.

The point to creating a build thread is to show progress, teach what you learn and learn what is taught. Not go off giggling because someone wants to know something about landing gear and say it's a secret.

Clearly you don't know Sammy all to well. LGM is a good guy period, sad part is Sammy can create multiple usernames and get away with it. I agree with groundcrew. This probably wouldn't be happenin if it wasn't Sammy building it because it's also a matter of respect of which Sammy has lost from 90% of everyone here and RCU from threads i've read. Clearly inhissteps doesn't know the history and if he does im speechless. This thread period was created not to show just a talent but to help. If thats not why it is here then lock it up because i dont see a need for it here. I don't care what you are building unless you are willing to teach and learn all at the same time.

I follow this thread not because of my differences with Sammy as i absolutely cannot stand the guy, but he's creating a nice project i'd like to see progress. When questions are asked don't beat around the bush if you dont want people to know your "secrets" don't post a build thread.

We are all here to help eachother if you cant or dont want to help then build and write a diary otherwise be prepared to be asked how one does their work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhissteps View Post
I agree, We are all in this hobby for the love of the game. And you know if the plane weighs a ton who cares! The builder is keeping his mind and skills sharp unlike those who think they know it all and spend most of their pathetic existence bad mouthing others projects. I for one belive in constructive critisism. But unless they see a major safety concern they should keep their negative comments to their self. I'm no builder but this bird is one piece of art as far as i'm concerned. It takes alot of tallent to do this and clearly he is no beginner. We all should appreaciate his hard effort. I wish all the best on this A1 job thus this far and look forward to the christening of this new giant.
Remember this is a hobby thats full of experiments some work some don't but lets do our part to keep this hobby fun no matter what

My Cars & Trucks
Ken Block WR8 Flux

My Most Wanted
Goblin 500 & 700 | Compass 7HV | T-Rex 550 | Extra 260

Last edited by b0r3d; 07-26-2008 at 12:02 PM.
b0r3d is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM   #228
g-manz35
RCC Master Contributor

I am: George S
Radio of choice:
Airtronics
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2

We all know who Sammy is.

We all know how he answers questions.

If you don't like the answers then don't ask the questions.

If you don't like the build thread then don't read it.

I for one am enjoying reading about this build even if I will get nothing from it in terms of building skills. I find it interesting. I can't wiat to see the finished product and I hope it flys well and flys for many years and if it doesn't then I will admire the effort.

Cheers. George

Edit:I was reading this thread previously and got tired of all the garbage posts. Sammy said he would stop posting so I quit reading as it was all garbage. I finally take another look find that Sammy is posting more pictures and Vid but before long the gartbage starts again. I will not post again as I will be practicing my own advice and not reading this thread any more. I'm embarassed that I stooped to this level already

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084

Last edited by g-manz35; 07-26-2008 at 03:40 PM.
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:16 PM   #229
b0r3d
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Patrick
Radio of choice:
DX8 & DX3C
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 7

I'll remember that when i create a build thread. Because we all know it's purpose to show publicly isn't to help others its to show your elite skills.

If you read what was written before replying you'd also see i follow the thread despite our differences to see the finished product. Great advice if you create a public build thread and dont "like" answers then don't ask them. Feel free to tell that to the others who are asking as i wasn't one of them.

Again research before posting

Thank you i can sleep better at night now.

Much thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-manz35 View Post
We all know who Sammy is.

We all know how he answers questions.

If you don't like the answers then don't ask the questions.

If you don't like the build thread then don't read it.

I for one am enjoying reading about this build even if I will get nothing from it in terms of building skills. I find it interesting. I can't wiat to see the finished product and I hope it flys well and flys for many years and if it doesn't then I will admire the effort.

Cheers. George

My Cars & Trucks
Ken Block WR8 Flux

My Most Wanted
Goblin 500 & 700 | Compass 7HV | T-Rex 550 | Extra 260

Last edited by b0r3d; 07-26-2008 at 01:36 PM.
b0r3d is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in